HUNTER: Audie Anderson
HUNT TAKEN: Scotland Red Stag Hunt
CONSULTANT: Mat with Outdoors International
Scotland Stag Hunt Report by Audie Anderson
Outdoors International did a great job and continues to do so, helping us get our trophies back a year later.
The hunt was a management red stag hunt…meaning we saw a lot of stag but could not shoot the one we wanted but must take the one the guide selects, which was a lesser bull. That was never communicated to us until we were laying in the field getting ready to shoot. My wife and I both chose to hunt and the morning of our deer hunt we were informed that we had another husband wife team to hunt with also. So we ended up as three hunters, one observer and one guide all walking around together. We all got along and enjoyed each others company but again until we the morning of the hunt we did not know this. I also asked to hunt Sika buck. After a couple days of nobody offering to take me after the free range red stag hunt was completed, Matt got hold of the outfitter who then arranged a couple half day hunts. In his defense he seemed to not realize I was hunting sika stag, and one afternoon he even took me himself.
We are still waiting for our trophies to be shipped. The company in Scotland has said the taxidermist who is preparing the cape is behind and it takes time to salt and dry a cape. It takes me a couple hours on the mountain to prepare my hunters capes…..
- How likely will you be to refer friends to Outdoors International about this hunt? Very likely
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication? Fair
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Fair
- How would you rate the lodging? Excellent
- How would you rate the food? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your guide? Excellent
- How was the Field Dressing and Trophy Preparation? Good
- Were you successful or unsuccessful? Successful
- Were you happy with the overall experience? Mostly
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Easy
- How likely would you be to refer Outdoors International booking services to your friends and family? Very Likely
- How were your conversations with your agent? Excellent
- How was your agent’s pre-hunt correspondence? Excellent
- How was your agent’s post-hunt follow up? Good
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your agent? Excellent
- How would you rate your agent? FIVE STARS – My agent was amazing
- Will you book another trip with us in the future? Probably
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Apply to Win a Trip in the OI Draw
Browse the active draws above.
Apply for any trip(s) that interest you as many times as you want to increase your odds.
For every $100 spent, you'll receive a free entry for our Yearly Grand Prize.
OI DRAW WINNERS
I am so grateful for the opportunity
"Thank you to Outdoors International, all the PHs and their awesome staff. I made some new friends and will be back to Africa to see them again 100%."
-Brye Mangum | 2023 Winner
Thank you Outdoors International
"Very excited for the trip! I’ll be bringing my dad along with me. If you haven’t put in for the OI draws you should these guys are legit!"
-Tyler Kirk | 2018 Winner
It was the trip of a lifetime!
"I won an OI Draw and it turned out to be one of my most memorable and rewarding hunts. I always dreamed about Africa, but never thought it'd be a reality for me."
-Dason Lasater | 2018 Winner