Eric Larson, Alaska Unguided Moose Hunt Report
September 10th-22, 2019
From the day of booking our Alaska moose hunt till the day we were dropped off at the airport they did a great job! Sharon for three years answered my questions planning for the hunt (sorry :)….she booked us at an awesome B&B!
We flew out on a beaver float plane and Nate the pilot acted like a tour guide making sure to point out anything of interest from muskox to nice bull moose….it was awesome! The camp gear they provided was more than adequate with an inflatable rubber raft which made the hunt!! The amount of food we were given we could have easily lived in the bush for a month with no exaggeration. We saw moose everyday….and both were lucky to harvest very quality animals a 53″ and a 57″. We had an encounter with an absolute giant but couldn’t close it…what a beast! Was very thankful to have quality waders as we spent 10 days in them… and glad I was in shape as packing these studs out are a task. 🙂
Thank you Russ and Outdoors International for setting this up….Great adventure!!!!
If a moose hunt is on your list this trip will not disappoint!!!
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food was amazing.
- The accommodations were good.
My consultant was Russ Meyer.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. Russ is always a pleasure to visit….he is a wealth of information on these hunts as I think he has done them all 🙂
Thank you Russ for another great trip!!!
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes