Axis Deer Hunting on the Island of Molokai, Hawaii
If you have ever wanted to hunt axis deer in Hawaii, then this is your hunt!
With lots of different animal species to choose from this hunt proves to be a lot of fun! With an extremely dense population of Axis deer on the island of Molokai your experienced guides will help you get the animal you desire. Hawaii’s beautiful landscape proves to be an exciting hunt and is not extremely difficult.
Free Range, Fair Chase Hunting in Hawaii
Depending on whether you want to hunt the island of Molokai or the BigIsland will determine which animals you will have the chance to hunt. If you want the thrill of chasing some of the famous axis deer and blackbuck you will look more to Molokai. If you desire to harvest a Spanish goat, Hawaiian ibex, Black Hawaiian sheep, mouflon, Vancouver bulls or wild boar, then you will look to this hunt on the Hawaii Island.
*All parties are limited to five individuals, except by special charter, and family rates are available for three or more immediate family members, regardless of age.
Rio Grande Wild Turkey Hunting
When you turkey hunt Hawaii with our outfitter, you’ll have exclusive access to some of the best private ranches on the Big Island. All guides have years of turkey hunting experience, and they do plenty of scouting before you show up. Odds are that you’ll be setting up on a big roosted gobblers on the first morning. While you’re hunting, your family can be relaxing on the beach, and after you’re done, you can go after feral goats, mouflon sheep, black Hawaiian sheep, hogs, and Vancouver bulls.
Hunts on Molokai Include:
- One Buck (any size), or one turkey depending on the hunt.
- One Doe (on axis hunts).
- Guide Fee (packing/skinning etc.)
- Transportation (to and from Ranch)
- Face cape
- Lunch/Refreshments in Field
- Prep/box horns and hide for shipment
- Rifle and ammunition included
*Prices subject to change without notice, so lock your price in with a deposit asap.
- Trip Insurance
- Gratuities for Staff
- Extra animals
- Travel to and from Hawaii
- License Waiver (individual needs to submit a copy of residents hunting license to obtain a waiver, this takes several weeks so please plan ahead.)
- Meat Processing
*Taxidermy work can be done local or on Oahu where Gordan Lau Jr is recommend. He will ship it all home.
Lodging and Accomodations
Depending on the location on your hunt depends on your accommodations. If you plan to stay on the island of Molokai you will have three different possibilities that will be offered. Some hunters stay with the outfitter right close to the ranch that you will be hunting, a bed and breakfast near the ranch, or a condo on Molokai.
Hunting on any of the other islands will all be hotel accommodations. Your outfitter is willing to help you make these arrangements for hotel stays.
All the guides fro your hunt have hunted the islands all of their lives which makes them especially good at tracking and finding these animals. The believe strongly in the idea of “Ahona” or family! The treat you like family the minute you talk with them to the moment you leave. Guiding for this hunt does vary as the accommodate large groups and individuals. If you would like to bring family this is a great hunt to do that on. Your guide will take care of your animal and will help get your trophy ready to be shipped as well.
- Arrival and departure will depend on the hunt you choose. However the closest airport to the ranch is Molokai Airport, Kualapua, HI (MKK)
- Outfitter Pick up is available for an extra price.
- Transportation during the trip is different for each hunt, however expect to hunt on foot as well as ATV.
Please, protect your investment with Trip Insurance.
OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is partnered America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.Request a Free Quote for Trip Insurance
Suggested Gear List for a Hunt in Hawaii
- Framed backpack
- Folding saw with bone blade
- Rifle with 20-40 rounds of ammo
- Knives/knife sharpener
- Flashlight and/or headlamp
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle (with filter)
- Insect repellent (100% deet)
- Camp shoes
- Uninsulated leather boots
- 1 pair uninsulated hunting pants
- 1 pair top and bottom lightweight base layer
- 2-3 hunting shirts
- Lightweight wool socks (1 pair for each day)
- Light jacket
- Game bags
- Personal toiletry items
- Batteries for any electrical device