I spent a lot of time trying to find a good archery hunt for moose that wouldn’t break the bank but also be a challenge and I found just that with the help of Outdoors International and my consultant Patrick Kissel.
I will say overall my hunt was a success, even though I came home empty handed. We hunted in the Peace River region of Alberta which is much open country and hard to put a stalk on a moose with a bow. It was difficult to figure where the moose would leave the ag fields each morning and trying to put a stalk and cut one off was near impossible! We did however see many moose and I unfortunately wounded a nice bull. If this was a rifle hunt it would have been almost too easy!
I talked with both Patrick and the outfitter before the hunt for several hours in total, and they never “over sold” the moose hunt or tried to push me into it. Mike is an honest outfitter and you will get exactly what he tells you over the phone. I’ve hunted all over the world and it’s often rare you find an outfitter so honest as Mike was. I knew going into the hunt it was going to be difficult but I wanted to try it anyway! The hunt isn’t physically demanding and if you were to go with a rifle it would be easy.
Mike is a great honest guy and pleasure to hunt with. I would go do a rifle hunt with him for moose or elk in Alberta.
- Overall, my trip was a great experience. My experience was good but I just wouldn’t recommend as a bow hunt. If you are thinking about doing this hunt you will need to be able to shoot out to 60 yards or better with a good arrow weight and heavy broadhead to take down a moose.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were amazing.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. Patrick and I spoke over the phone multiple times about this hunt. He never tried to oversell the hunt and told me what it would be. He also helped me get in touch with Mike the outfitter so I could speak directly with him before booking the hunt.
I would work with Patrick again when booking my next hunt.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.
Request Pricing, Availability or More Information
Just fill out the form below, and please be thorough so we can get you exactly the type of hunt you're looking for.