Alberta is home to the Western Canadian moose. This moose subspecies can be found anywhere from the heavily forested willow swamps to the rolling grain fields. During the rut in late September through early October, the bulls search for cows can make for an exciting hunt! A 40 inch bull is a reasonable expectation, but 50+ inch bulls are a possibility when Alberta moose hunting. The late November moose season in Alberta allows for non resident hunting, and can make a great combo hunt for mule deer or whitetail. Big bulls can often be found in bachelor groups this time of year.
We book in two different areas for clients interested in our Alberta Canada moose hunts.
- Our favorite moose hunt in Alberta is located in in a remote Northern boreal forest area which is isolated and very hard to access, thus making the trophy moose hunting amazing.
- The other area is with a great outfitter in the Peace River Region which we refer to as our “Alberta farmland moose hunt.” The only problem with this hunt in the Peace River area is that he only offers three to four hunts per year, and is thus booked years in advance.
If you’re interested in trophy Alberta Canada moose hunts, this is the one.
One of our best Alberta Canada moose hunts, you’ll hunt from a remote camp accessed via Argos, and/or snow machines if there is snow. This area is incredibly remote and hard to access, so bulls are growing to a mature age. There is virtually no hunting pressure other than our hunting clients. Early season rut hunts are concentrated near lakes and creeks with calling being the preferred method.
After you have taken your moose, a black bear can be added for a nominal fee, and having a wolf tag is encouraged. No fee for a wolf. There are also plenty of pike in the river.
- Hunting season is mid-September through November.
- Average bull size is 40 to 50 inches, with the possibility of better bulls.
- Archery hunters are welcome.
- Add a black bear to your hunt.
- Wolf and fishing licenses are included.
- Camps are modern with hot showers, cooks and camp helpers.
This Alberta farmland moose hunt gives hunters an excellent chance for hunters to harvest a good bull for a great price.
This hunt is not known for its excessive difficulty, in fact this hunt is fairly easy. You’ll typically spot bulls in the fields from the road, and then stalk into shooting range to harvest the bull. If you’re looking for a hardcore hunt this is not the hunt for you. However, if you are looking for a high success moose hunt with an excellent guide, then this hunt would work well for you!
- This is an “easy” Alberta farmland moose hunt in the Canola and oat fields of the Peace River Region.
- Moose hunting in the Peace River area is getting better every year. Success rates are high with opportunity being 100%.
- Spot and stalk.
- Guiding is all done 1×1.
- 5 Day hunt.
- Archery hunts are from late August to early September.
- Rifle hunts are from late September to early October.
- Due to a resident draw system that was introduced in 1999 the quantity and quality of these bulls has grown very well.
Book Your Hunt
Our Alberta Canada Moose Hunts are a Great Value and High Success.
Alberta Canada moose hunts (in general) are less expensive than in hunting moose in Alaska. In addition to that it’s physically easy, and high success. What more can you ask for?
Here at Outdoors International, we pride ourselves on having a team of highly experienced and knowledgeable consultants. They are passionate about ensuring your hunting experience surpasses all expectations. We understand the importance of meticulous planning and seamless logistics for a successful hunt.