Argentina is one of the finest fishing destinations in the world. From giant rainbow trout to voracious golden dorado, fly fishing Argentina is amazing! The wild and remote fishing of southern Patagonia is the stuff of legends. Have you heard of the monster wild rainbow trout in Strobel Lake? They are hard to imagine. And then there are the hard fighting, sea run brown trout of the Rio Grande… wow! Oh, and don’t forget the world class fly fishing for Golden Dorado in the Upper Parana River Delta.
We have been there and done all of these trips and we’d like to help you do the same.
If you are interested in hooking into a 30 pound trout, then get in touch and we can help you get one step closer to a fish of a life time.
Fly Fishing Argentina
Our Fishing Consultants here at OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL understand how fishing conditions for fly fishing Argentina change throughout the season and will give you advice based on peak fishing times. When it comes to fly fishing, we have high standards, and do our best to set realistic expectations.
Contact us today to discover how easy it is to book your dream trip with Outdoors International.
OUR PICKS FOR THE BEST FLY FISHING ARGENTINA HAS TO OFFER
The rivers in Northern Argentina-Patagonia offer some of the finest fly-fishing for trout in the world. There are steady hatches of mayflies, caddis, and various stoneflies play a role on all of the river systems. The most prolific dry fly fishing occurs from December to late February and again from Mid March to the end of April when the nights start to become cooler. If we had to choose only one spot to go fly fishing Argentina, it would grudgingly be this lodge.
You’ll be fishing for browns and rainbows.
On many of the rivers you will experience fishing to abundant numbers of brown and rainbow trout in the 15-20 inch range. Some rivers have large trout populations with varying size and some are lower trout populations with average size is over 20 inches in length.
Customized fly fishing itineraries.
You can choose to stay at one of the gorgeous Estancias with 5 star lodging and miles of private water access, or choose to do an overnight float trip on one of the rivers. Itineraries are set based on your needs and fishing style. The logistics of your trip will be planned ahead of time to shorten travel times while maximizing your time spent on the water. Rivers in this region range from small mountain streams, spring creeks, and beautiful freestones, to a large tail water and rivers in the high steppe country.
Why you should choose Northern Patagonia when you’re planning on fly fishing Argentina:
- Private water access.
- Customized fly fishing itineraries.
- Most consistent weather and dry fly hatches in all of Patagonia.
- Shorter drive time to the rivers equals more time fishing.
- Float fishing is done from low profile fiberglass drift boats for fly fishing comfort.
- Enjoy authentic Argentine cuisine.
- Knowledgeable and experienced guides.
- Fishing season is November to April.
- The weather in the Argentina-Patagonia region is stable and consistent, making for amazing hatches year-round.
Also known as “Jurassic Lake”, Strobel Lake has some absolute giant rainbow trout. Located in the southern end of the famous Patagonian region in Argentina is a remote but luxurious fly fishing lodge. This renowned fishing destination on Strobel Lake, which is also known as Jurassic Lake boasts the largest rainbow trout in the world.
We can almost guarantee that you’ll catch some of the biggest trout of your life.
We’ve been here multiple times, and from what we’ve witnessed, the rainbow trout in the lake seem to average 10 pounds! We averaged 15 pound fish and caught a few 20+ pounders! These fish have grown to sizes unheard of with the amount of food available to them in the lake.
Strobel Lake is one of the most remote, wild and best fishing destinations in the world!
- It is not uncommon to land multiple double digit rainbow trout a day with chances at fish in the 20’s.
- With excellent food and comfortable accommodations, this is a trip of a lifetime!
- The fishing season in Argentina is October through May.
- Peak times are November through mid-January.
- All the guides and camp staff are the best of the best and take care of you every step of the way.
Upper Parana River Delta
When most people think about fly fishing Argentina, they’re thinking trout on drie flies… and yes, you should do that, but consider fishing the Upper Parana River Delta for Golden Dorado too. The Parana River Delta is the second largest in South America next to the Amazon. It encompasses 4,600 square miles of river channel, back bays, lagoons, river banks, and fish habitat. The abundance of baitfish in the system allow for predator fish like the Golden Dorado to thrive in these waters.
World class fly fishing for Golden Dorado on the only Mother Ship program in Argentina!
This is one of the most unique Golden Dorado fishing programs available anywhere on the planet! The all new river cruiser is a luxury live aboard vessel that has been specially built to provide luxury and comfort to the angler. What makes fishing from this vessel great is how it’s designed to move with the fish throughout season. This allows anglers to stay close to the prime fishing water and cut down on travel each day.
- Exclusive off-the-beaten-path access to the best fishing in the delta.
- The River Cruiser gives you the unique opportunity to fish new areas daily. You’ll stay on the vessel so you can move to where the fish are. Less daily travel to the fishing areas = more fishing!
- Other gamefish species include Pacu, Pira Pita, Tararira (Wolf Fish), Surubi and Chafalote.
- The Upper Parana River Delta is a year-round fishery.
- Peak Dorado fishing takes place November through March.
- October to January offer excellent fishing for wolf fish and they are a joy to catch on poppers.
- Only 2.5 hours from Buenos Aires!
- On this trip you won’t have to worry about a thing and focus on the fishing and enjoying your experience with one of the most respected and successful outfitters in Argentina.