Argentina Golden Dorado Fishing
This is a unique golden dorado fly fishing excursion, where you’ll be fly fishing from a luxury, mobile “Mother Ship” instead of a fixed lodge. This means you can get to places that no other anglers are able to.
- Catch big, unpressured Golden Dorado in remote waters.
- Vessel-based luxury lodging.
- Chef prepared meals.
- New fly fishing equipment, specially designed to hold up to Golden Dorado.
- Other species include: pacu, pira pita, tararira, surubi, chafalote and more…
- Year round fishing season with December to April being the best times.
If you have an adventurous soul, but enjoy some luxury, this trip is for you!
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can help you find exactly what you're looking for.
When you go to Argentina golden dorado fishing, you’re in for a treat! On this trip you’ll be fishing new water every day. Working different locations and various runs, lagoons, side channels, etc. Golden Dorado are voracious feeders and are always on the move, hunting baitfish.
Fish from the Mothership
- The “lodge” is a comfortable, two engine River Cruiser with 4 double bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom and air conditioning.
- Amenities include a telephone, flat screen TV with movies and television service, and even Internet!
- Meals are chef-prepared and matched with local Argentina wine, personally selected by the owners.
- Move to a new location every day to experience all that the mighty Paraná River has to offer.
The mothership allows you to fish the most remote waters for unpressured fish.
Well presented flies and casts of 30-50 feet will have you in the fierce action all day. This ecosystem has one of the largest migratory runs of baitfish. Sábalo, pejerrey and sardines which are the main food source for the Golden Dorado. Other fish species available to anglers on the Parana River system are: Pacu, Pira Pita, Palometa, Tararira (Wolf Fish), Surubi (large catfish), Chafalote (Parana Payara).
If you like throwing streamers and big flies to aggressive fish this trip chasing golden dorado is a must!
Their aggressive nature and acrobatic displays mixed with their one of a kind golden color lists it as one of the top freshwater game fish to pursue! Combine the fishing with world class lodging and you have a must do angling adventure! If you like targeting aggressive carnivorous fish you better put the golden dorado on your list!
If you are an experienced angler you can expect to catch 10-15 dorado per day with chances at more. Fish are in the 3-7 pound range with fish up to and exceeding 10 pound an everyday occurrence. Remember golden dorado have incredibly hard mouth and a solid hook set is required to keep them pinned.
The Paraná River
The Paraná River flows from its source in southern Brazil, into Argentina. This forms the second largest river system in South America, after the Amazon. The Parana River Delta is one of the largest in the world with hundreds of tributaries, marshlands, lagoons and side channels. It is full of fantastic flora and fauna, making this Argentina golden dorado fishing trip one of the most exciting adventures in South America.
If this fishing trip sounds good to you, contact us today.
Ask about Trip #OI-GDRC1