Mark Slobodian, Alaska Fishing Report
We caught the end of the King run, and hit the peak of the chums, which are a blast to catch as well as had some big Rainbows thrown in. Over all, the lodge has my unreserved recommendation.
Visited Alagnak Lodge on a 5-day fishing trip in July of 2018. Very nicely done. The owner, Tony, was very involved, very patient and detailed with pre-trip questions with a gear list, and planning as well as being on-site through out the season. Facilities and food were as advertised so there were no bad surprises. Fishing was via selection of (2) of three (4) sessions which works well.
We fished with the same guide every session at a ratio of (1) to (2) so there was a lot of personal attention.
The Alagnak River was easy to fish with fly, spey, spin options from the boat or from gravel bars with easy wading and access to the fish. Caught the end of the Kings, and hit the peak of the chums, which are a blast to catch as well as had some big rainbows thrown in. Lots of wildlife, and it appears that there is a seamless transition and overlap between species of salmon (King/Chum/Silver), (I’m going back this summer for 8 days for Silver salmon), so it looks like there is always something going on. Tony has put some thought into providing for non-fishing spouses, and return customers which works well. Inbound/outbound is thru King Salmon, which does by nature create some down time, but that can be expected as normal for travel anywhere in Alaska. Over all, the lodge has my unreserved recommendation.
- Overall, my fishing trip was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food and accommodations were good.
Did not work with Patrick on this trip but, have come to know him via a trip we did with him in Cooper Landing…a very knowledgeable, first rate guide that I would be pleased to fish with anytime
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes