Lacey Savage, Kodiak Island King Salmon Fishing Report
I want to thank you for giving me a check mark on the ole bucket list! I have chased king salmon for a few summers in Alaska and I can finally say I have caught not just one but a few. They are so aggressive and fought way harder than they do in my dreams. Not only did I catch Kings, my guide Gary got me into plenty of cod, black bass and yellow eye rockfish. The little town of Old Harbor is beautiful. The mountains and abundance of wildlife added to the overall experience of my trip!
I’m stoked I get to fill the freezer with a variety of delicious fish. Since I have never cooked this type of ocean fish Jeannie the chef so kindly shared a few recipes with me. Staying at the fishing lodge was such a wonderful experience. The food is absolutely amazing! Jeannie spent extra time preparing special meals for me to accommodate my food allergies. I must say the hot clam chowder soup for lunch hit the spot on the cold day out on the ocean. Also there is always a box of snacks on the boat just in case you somehow get hungry between meals. Appetizers and drinks were usually accompanied with tons of fishing stories shared between guests. The excited energy had the room filled. Dinners were spectacular, three courses of pure deliciousness – I would absolutely recommend this lodge.
The entire staff does a great job and has been working together a long time so they have a great system. I hope to go back again.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food and accommodations were amazing.
My consultant was Patrick Kissel.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes