Michael Conner, Oregon Spring Bear Hunt Report
Last spring, I had the opportunity to hunt black bears in Oregon. Upon arrival, the outfitter was very helpful and accommodating. The trailer was clean and comfortable. This is a short hunt (3 days) and we were fortunate to have reasonably good weather during that time. That said, you can’t control the animals behavior, or how and when they move. To that end, I only saw a single smaller bear on the last night, that I was more than willing to take. However, he never gave us a shot opportunity before the sun went down. What is important to note, is that it wasn’t without lot of driving – covering A LOT of ground each day. My guide did all that he could within his power to ensure we saw bear; it just wasn’t in the cards. I highly recommend hunting with them, and look forward to stepping into the woods with Ken again…soon.
Ken is a no frills kind of guy. He is a Coos Bay native and knows the area like the back of his hand. He is very knowledgeable and has seen a thing or two in his time, that he is more than willing to share.
- Overall, my trip was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food and accommodations were fair.
My consultant with Outdoors International was great. Didn’t expect, or require anything more.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes