The B-Run fish on the Clearwater River are some of the biggest steelhead in the entire Columbia River Basin. Fish average 12-15 pounds, with some topping the 20 pound mark coming to the boats every year! Steelhead fishing Clearwater River can be difficult, and you will work for a few fish, but it is well worth it. They are special fish that travel about 650 miles and six dams to get there and go further upstream to spawn!
- The Clearwater River in North Central Idaho, is home to the largest strain of steelhead in the Lower 48 and the best winter fishery in the United States to fish for consistently large B-Run steelhead.
- The winter season runs from January 15 – February 28.
- Fish from drift boats on the Middle Fork of the Clearwater River.
- Trips go out between 7am and 9am depending on fishing conditions and weather.
- You are on the water for 8 hours each day which is the perfect amount of time for a great days steelhead fishing Clearwater River.
STEELHEAD FISHING CLEARWATER RIVER
The fishing guides specialize in Fly Fishing for steelhead, but you may also choose to use Conventional Tackle.
Fly fishing is done primarily with an indicator but the guides take every opportunity they have to swing flies. All fishing gear is included in your trip price as well as a streamside lunch. They are very service oriented so you will always have a very professional, knowledgeable and fun guide taking the utmost care of you and your party.
Idaho B-Run Steelhead
Idaho B-Run Steelhead are truly special fish, traveling roughly 650 miles from the ocean to the section of river we fish and beyond to spawn. This run of fish is the oldest run of steelhead in the US. In addition, the Clearwater River boasts the largest hatchery program in the US which substantially adds to the quality of fishing.
Idaho Fish and Game typically sets a bag limit for hatchery fish but it is dependent upon fish counts. If anglers are interested in keeping a fish or two there is a local company that will smoke your fish and ship it to you for you to enjoy at home with friends and family.
This trip is not only about steelhead fishing though.
The scenery, culture and wildlife Idaho has to offer is just as spectacular and keeps anglers going back year after year. As an added bonus, the Clearwater Valley is only 1,000 feet above sea level, with average highs in the 40’s, making this balmy winter steelheading fishing weather to say the least. Overall, this trip is a gem and one we will continue to offer to our customers for many years to come!
Now offering an all-inclusive lodging package!
If you’re interested in staying at the fishing lodge, we ask that you book a 4 night, 4 day all inclusive package.
- Stay in a new, 4-star facility.
- All of your meals will be prepared by Chef Felix.
- Check in will be @ 3pm the night before your first day of fishing.
- Each day will start with a light or hearty breakfast depending on your appetite.
- The guides will pick you up shortly after and head to the river for the day.
- Soup, Sandwich & Snacks will accompany each trip on the river.
- After your day of fishing come back to the fishing lodge to relax, talk about the day of fishing and sit down to a world class meal to round out another great day in Idaho.
- After your 4th day fishing, they can arrange for airport transportation if you choose to fly out that night, or if you’d prefer, you can stay in Lewiston or Kamiah, Idaho for your last night.
Ask about Trip #OI-ASC2