Eurasian brown bears offer a different spin with a higher success rate than most bear hunts in North America. There are a total of around 17,000 Eurasian brown bears and distribution is scattered and disconnected with small populations in the Spanish/French Pyrenees, the Cantabrian Mountains in Spain, and the Alps in Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia. The population in the Balkans, mainly in Croatia and Slovenia, is relatively large but disconnected from the major population of Europe.
Hunting Eurasian Brown Bears
- Eurasian brown bear hunts are very similar, and are about the same size to North American grizzly bears.
- Guides are very professional game managers and very knowledgeable hunters.
- Success rates over 90%, with 100% opportunity.
- A gold medal Eurasian brown bear is a realistic possibility.
- Easy transport of trophy. Croatia is recognized by CITES so exporting your trophy is not an issue.
- Spring and fall hunts are available. Spring hunts run March through April, and fall hunts are October through December.
- Lodging is in comfortable, rural homes. Food is simple, but excellent.
- Hunting in Europe is typically is less expensive than North America with a higher success rate.
In Europe, they use the CIC Scoring System which is a sliding trophy scale.
- Average bears square 6.5 to 8.5 feet (300-350 CIC) on this hunt.
- 400-500 CIC point bears are possible.
- Big boars will weigh over 640 pounds (300kg) and measure over nine feet (2.75 m) in length.
- The Croatian Record Eurasian brown bear scores 525.89 CIC points.
Are you interested in booking a hunt like this?Ask For Pricing or More Information
Here are some hunts in Europe that you might like:
Request Pricing, Availability or More Information
Just fill out the form below, and please be thorough so we can get you exactly the type of hunt you're looking for.