Eurasian Brown Bear Hunts
Eurasian Brown Bears
Europe offers a different spin on brown bear hunting with a higher success rate than most hunts in North America.
There are a total of around 17,000 Eurasian brown bears and distribution is scattered and disconnected with small populations in the Spanish/French Pyrenees, the Cantabrian Mountains in Spain, and the Alps in Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia. The population in the Balkans, mainly in Croatia and Slovenia, is relatively large but disconnected from the major population of Europe.
Why you should consider hunting Eurasian brown bears:
- Hunting in Europe is typically is less expensive than North America with a higher success rate.
- Eurasian brown bear hunts are very similar, and are about the same size to North American grizzly bears.
- Guides are very professional game managers and very knowledgeable hunters.
- Success rates over 90%, with 100% opportunity.
- A gold medal Eurasian brown bear is a realistic possibility.
- Easy transport of trophy. Croatia is recognized by CITES so exporting your trophy is not an issue.
- Spring and fall hunts are available. Spring hunts run March through April, and fall hunts are October through December.
- Lodging is in comfortable, rural homes. Food is simple, but excellent.
Eurasian Brown Bear Hunt in Croatia
With a growing population, Gold medal brown bears are a real possibility and this hunt has an unheard of success rate of 90%!
With a growing population, Gold medal brown bears are a real possibility and this hunt has an unheard of success rate of 90%! The trophies earned in recent years prove the exceptional quality of these bears, with fur quality values often surpassing 350 CIC points. In Europe, they use the CIC System which is a sliding trophy scale. Average bears square 6.5 to 8.5 feet (300-350 CIC) on this hunt. 400-500 CIC point bears are possible weighing over 640 pounds (300kg) and over nine feet (2.75 m) in length are possible. The Croatian Record bear is 525.89 CIC points.
This is a Baited Brown Bear Hunt
Brown bear hunts in Croatia are done either during the spring or fall from tall, closed and comfortable “high seats” over bait. Sometimes there are some spot and stalk opportunities, but we recommend hunting bait as it is more successful. Bears regularly come to feed on carcasses, so the success of this hunt is almost guaranteed, of course, given the Goddess Diana smiles upon you.
Keep Croatia in mind for Eurasian brown bear hunting.
- A Gold Medal brown bear is a real possibility.
- Fallow buck on Plavnik Island
- Dalmation wild sheep (SCI)
- Wild boar on Plavnik Island are FREE!
- Wild, native Mouflon sheep are open all year.
- Chamois are available September through January.
- Red stag are available September through January.
- Wolves are also available for a combo on your brown bear hunt.
- You will sometimes hunt at night, which is legal in Croatia.
- Croatia is also officially recognized by CITES, and for that reason exporting your trophy is no hassle.
Have questions about one of our trips?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.
I couldn’t believe in less than seven days I had harvested a dall sheep and a grizzly bear, it was a trip of a life time! I cant say enough about how impressed I was with this Outfitter. From the knowledge of the outdoors to how my made my time in camp with him very memorable.
Russ my miracle worker put together the ultimate grizzly bear hunt for me. The guide I had, Rick took it from there, and helped me fulfill a lifelong dream. Russ and Rick tag teamed this so perfect, I couldn’t think of a better hunt ever!
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
We had a wonderful trip beginning with the guide picking us up at the Powell River airport. We made a short trip to the dock and took the boat to the base camp about 45 minutes across the inlets. The first day was very eventful with sighting two black bears and stalking both. The first was a good bear but “not large enough for the first day”.
As we began to leave Johnny spotted a very large bear on the beach about a mile away. After two stalks we were within 31 yards and I took my shot. Although not perfect the hit was good enough allow us to get another arrow in to the bear. It was 7:30 in the evening and we skinned and loaded the bear in the boat and back to camp late that evening. The cook had a great meal waiting for us and the entire camp wanted to hear the story. The rest of the week was spent sightseeing British Columbia, fishing, crabbing and picking up oysters for dinner.
By the way, My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
I don’t think I have ever laughed as hard as I did that week. They are down-to-earth people and an absolute blast to be around! I would recommend this FAIR CHASE hunt to anybody! The bear hunting was excellent. We saw double figures in bears each day we were hunting, with several opportunities on stalks each day.
This is an archery hunters dream to go on this hunt. I shot THREE bears in one night. One brown and two black bears. I then shot a third black bear on the last night.
Hunting bears with this outfitter was a wonderful experience. This hunt is great value for the money! My guide, Lyle was an extremely knowledgeable hunter and great all-around guy.
I wanted you all to know what an extraordinary trip I felt it was! Thank you all for everything! It was awesome and couldn’t have been better! I wanted you all to know what an extraordinary trip I felt it was! Thank you all for everything! It was awesome and couldn’t have been better!