EURASIAN BROWN BEAR HUNTS:
Croatia has a growing population of Eurasian brown bears.
Gold medal brown bears are a real possibility and this hunt has an unheard of success rate of 90%! The trophies earned in recent years prove the exceptional quality of these bears, with fur quality values often surpassing 350 CIC points.
- This is a baited brown bear hunt.
- You’ll typically be hunting from stands over the bait. Sometimes at night, which is legal in Croatia.
- A Gold Medal brown bear is a real possibility.
Croatia is also officially recognized by CITES, and for that reason exporting your trophy is no hassle.
Brown bear hunts in Croatia are done either during the spring or fall from tall, closed and comfortable “high seats” over bait. Bears regularly come to feed on carcasses, so the success of this hunt is almost guaranteed, of course, given the Goddess Diana smiles upon you.
Sometimes there are some spot and stalk opportunities, but we recommend hunting bait as it is more successful.
- Fallow buck on Plavnik Island
- Dalmation wild sheep (SCI)
- Wild boar on Plavnik Island are FREE!
- Wild, native Mouflon sheep are open all year.
- Chamois are available September through January.
- Red stag are available September through January.
- Wolves are also available for a combo on your brown bear hunt.
In Europe, they use the CIC System which is a sliding trophy scale.
- Average bears square 6.5 to 8.5 feet (300-350 CIC) on this hunt.
- 400-500 CIC point bears are possible.
- Big boars will weigh over 640 pounds (300kg) and measure over nine feet (2.75 m) in length.
- The Croatian Record Eurasian brown bear scores 525.89 CIC points.
SAFE, VETTED OUTFITTERS
Let's start planning your hunt!
When you’re ready to start planning your hunt, just contact us or fill out the form on this page. Be sure to let us know exactly what you have in mind, and we’ll do our best to help you find the perfect outfitter and get it booked.
Our hunters enjoy great success.
Unbelievable one day hunt. I thank Mat Cervantes for putting me on another awesome European hunt. I’ve been on two European hunting trips with Outdoor International and have harvested 2 Gold and 2 Silver Medal animals.
Within 15 minutes of me pulling the trigger word had got out and there were about 10 Croatian locals arrived at the hunt site to congratulate me and salute the hunt. The evening was filled with toasts and fun with people I had never met all taking part in the celebration. I’ve never seen anything like it, and was amazed at the spirit of the locals. My Eurasian brown bear was taken care of by my guide carefully and I left for my next hunt the next day.
This was a challenging free range hunt and not a canned fence hunt. Very exciting. The next morning we headed out for Balkan chamois. We glassed for a few hours high on a mountain and spotted a shooter with several females. We made a very difficult stalk for several km and got into position for a 330 yd shot.