We arrived at our motel in Colorado on Sunday afternoon and met our outfitter there and went out to the ranch I was to hunt and check out the area’s that he suggested that I set-up to hunt (this is a semi-guided hunt). Excellent sign in many spots.
Hunted high up on top of a ridge on Monday all day long and missed a chance to take a gobbler as I had left my field glasses in the motel to save weight. Big mistake, as even though I called him in close, I could not make out a beard until it was to late.
Tuesday after rain kept me off the ridge and after talking with the outfitter, I set up in the “bottoms” and worked a good gobbler early but couldn’t get him away from his hens, and a little later called in another gobbler that didn’t have any hens and took the shot at about 35 yards. It is a good bird with the best spurs that I have taken on a Merriam’s.
My wife and I did some sight seeing that the outfitter had recommended on Wednesday morning. Over all one of the best hunts that I have ever been on. Thanks to OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL and the Outfitter for putting this hunt together on such short notice. GREAT JOB GUYS.
- How would your rate this hunt? FIVE STARS – It was all I thought it would be and more!
- How likely will you be to refer friends to OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL about this hunt? Very likely
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication? Good
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Good
- Were you successful or unsuccessful? Successful
- Were you happy with the overall experience? Very much so, the outfitter provided an excellent hunting area.
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Easy
Is there anything that the outfitter should do differently in your opinion?
Not as far as I can see. he was very knowledgeable about the turkey hunting and the turkey’s travel patterns. He knew the lay of the land, and kept me informed of the changing weather patterns which is a must in the high country. Friendly and thoughtful in every way possible. I will go back to hunt with him again, something that I rarely do.
- How likely would you be to refer Outdoors International booking services to your friends and family? Very Likely
- How were your conversations with your agent? Excellent
- How was your agent’s pre-hunt correspondence? Excellent
- How was your agent’s post-hunt follow up? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your agent? Excellent
- How would you rate your agent? FIVE STARS – My agent was amazing
What would you like to see us offer or do more of or do differently?
Don’t change a thing.
Will you book another trip with us in the future?
Don’t know for sure, but if I need something on short notice, you bet I will. The service was great.