Kansas turkey hunting is great, with good populations of both Eastern and Rio Grande turkeys.
Unpressured birds and the beautiful landscape make Kansas turkey hunting one of the most exciting turkey hunts out there. Kansas turkey populations have exploded in recent years, and this just might be one of the best turkey hunting states in the country right now.
Why you should consider Kansas turkey hunting:
- Huntable populations live in every county.
- Over-the-counter tags.
- The western two-thirds of the state have Rio Grande turkeys.
- Hybrid Rio Grande/Eastern birds are found in the north-central region.
- Good numbers of eastern turkeys are common in the northeastern and southeast regions.
- Expect to be hunting prairie land river bottoms, farmland, and hill country timber.
- Two bird limit.
Kansas Turkey Hunts in the Flint Hills
Hunt Rio Grande and Easter turkeys on the same hunt!
These turkey hunts take place on approximately 15,000 acres in the Kansas Flint Hills, and high success rates are the expectation. If you’re working on completing your Grand Slam Turkey Hunt, our Kansas hunt is a great place to bag a Rio. One great thing about this hunt, is the opportunity to jump over to their property in Nebraska to hunt Merriams all in the same trip!
Great wild turkey populations and light hunting pressure make this hunt exceptional.
You’ll be hunting pre-scouted birds, mostly from ground blinds, with full body mounted decoys. Hunters can do their own calling or guides can assist them, it is up to you. Trophy care and prep for taxidermist is provided.
- Season is Mid April until the end of May.
- Semi or fully guided hunts.
- You will be hunting near Olsburg, Kansas.
- Two bird limit.
- All meals, lodging, and non alcoholic beverages included.