HUNTER: Joseph Russo
HUNT: Beceite Ibex Hunt in Spain
CONSULTANT: Mat C. | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
Beceite Ibex Hunt Report by Joseph Russo
I had just returned from the SCI Convention in Las Vegas and had made preliminary arrangements to hunt ibex in Spain with another outfitter. Upon coming home to finalize the trip, it was evident that I was dealing with a bait-and-switch outfitter. I have been hunting for a long time, and told him what I thought of him.
I contacted Outdoors International after surfing the internet. I had a small window to go, and Mat from Outdoors International was able to put it together in a short time with his outfitter in Spain. I arrived at the airport in Spain after 20 minutes of waiting and pickup, I called Mat. He told me to hold tight, then called me back telling me they were at the other end of the airport. Within five minutes, I was on my way. Mat was always a text or a phone call away. He also texted me in the middle of my hunt to see how things were working out.
Food and drink were excellent. Hotel was great as well. I elected to rent a rifle for the hunt as opposed to bringing my own, and I was pleasantly surprised with a Blaser topped with a Swarovski scope. They also had Swaro binos with built in rangefinder. Good stuff…these guys were serious!
The first day of hunting produced females and immature billies. On the second day, at 7:00 AM we had a good ibex spotted and put a stalk on him, but he disappeared. At 8PM, we found a shooter with a band of three other billies across from us on another mountain. I took a 400 yard shot, and it went down. It took us two hours to get over to it.
Great hunt and I highly recommend it and Outdoors International.
I’m going after Bezoar ibex in Turkey next!
- How likely will you be to refer friends to Outdoors International about this hunt? Very likely
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication ? Excellent
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Excellent, my ibex was a Bronze Medal
- How would you rate the lodging? Excellent
- How would you rate the food? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your guide? Excellent
- How was the Field Dressing and Trophy Preparation? Excellent
- Were you successful or unsuccessful? Successful
- Were you happy with the overall experience? YES VERY HAPPY
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Moderate
- Is there anything that the outfitter should do differently in your opinion? NO EVERYTHING WAS GREAT
- How likely would you be to refer Outdoors International booking services to your friends and family? Very Likely
- How were your conversations with your agent? Excellent
- How was your agent’s pre-hunt correspondence? Excellent
- How was your agent’s post-hunt follow up? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your agent? (1-5) Excellent
- How would you rate your agent? FIVE STARS – My agent was amazing
- What would you like to see us offer or do more of or do differently? NO
- Will you book another trip with us in the future? Why, or Why Not? YES BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS DONE WELL
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Apply to Win a Trip in the OI Draw
1629 Tickets remaining
1629 Tickets remaining
Browse the active draws above.
Apply for any trip(s) that interest you as many times as you want to increase your odds.
For every $100 spent, you'll receive a free entry for our Yearly Grand Prize.
On the application deadline date (if min. has been met) or the cap has been met, whichever comes first, we'll announce the winner live on YouTube.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notifications.
OI DRAW WINNERS
I am so grateful for the opportunity
"Thank you to Outdoors International, all the PHs and their awesome staff. I made some new friends and will be back to Africa to see them again 100%."
-Brye Mangum | 2023 Winner
Thank you Outdoors International
"Very excited for the trip! I’ll be bringing my dad along with me. If you haven’t put in for the OI draws you should these guys are legit!"
-Tyler Kirk | 2018 Winner
It was the trip of a lifetime!
"I won an OI Draw and it turned out to be one of my most memorable and rewarding hunts. I always dreamed about Africa, but never thought it'd be a reality for me."
-Dason Lasater | 2018 Winner
One thought on “Beceite Ibex Hunt Report by Joseph Russo”
Pingback: Capra World Slam Outfitter Directory | GotHunts.com
Comments are closed.