Joseph Russo, Bezoar Ibex Hunt Report
This was my second hunt that I’ve booked with Outdoors International, and it was an excellent experience also. Matt Cervantes was great, and always a text away if I had a question.
This was my second hunt that I booked with Outdoors International, specifically Matt Cervantes, read about my first hunt here. I hunted with Murat Gonye Outfitters in Turkey. Murat runs a tight ship, and pickups and transfers throughout Turkey we’re timely and uneventful. Pick up and transfer personnel were there a half hour before schedule times. Safety was never an issue no language barriers guides spoke English.
Mehmet was my ibex hunting guide he was excellent. In Turkey you hunt with government officials I had two on my hunt they were nice they help with spotting ibex and packing out. The hunt was both mentally and physically challenging but quite rewarding. The day I harvested my ibex we had to climb in the rain. Had to lay in the rain two hours to wait for the ibex to stand, and fortunately I made a good shot across the canyon. This was the third day of my hunt, and I had two days left I inquired about going boar hunting. Murat was able to arrange the hunt for boar for my last two days in Turkey. This was an excellent experience also. Mat Cervantes was excellent and was always a text away if I had a question. 👍
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food and accommodations were good.
My consultant was Mat Cervantes.
- Mat’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. He was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to. 👍
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes