Andrew Kissel, Utah Archery Mule Deer Hunt Report
Hunter: Andrew Kissel
Date: Aug 17th, 2019
Another successful trip with Outdoors International. These guys are my first call when I’m looking for an outfitted trip. No sugar coating the hunt to sell the trip. The consultants are honest and will prepare for exactly what to expect on your hunt.
Opening morning had us perched up on a high vantage point overlooking a giant basin. Shortly after first light I spotted a good buck bedded a few hundred yards below. We watching him for a bit as he got up to feed. At 8:30 he re-bedded and I began my stalk. Coming in from above I was able to slip into 67 yards of his bed. His vitals were blocked so the waiting game began. An hour into it he stood up to stretch. Took a few steps out to a lane and I settled the pin. The shot flew true and he bolted over the bank. I watched as he stumbled down the bank and crashed in the bottom of the creek. It was over! Just a few hours into opening morning and I had just harvested the buck of a lifetime.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was amazing.
- The accommodations were amazing.
My consultant was Patrick Kissel.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. Wait on posting any photos to social media. I’ll send better pics without the watermarks to pat when they get em to me.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes