Michael Salas, Deschutes River Steelhead Fishing Report
Had a great steelhead fishing experience on the Lower Deschutes River in Oregon with fishing guide Pete Field. I spent about eight hours on the water with Pete, and his instruction on Spey casting (I was a first timer with a two-handed rod) was easily understood. Pete was a supportive and patient instructor. He was professional, personable, and answered all and any questions without any B.S.
Simply put, my fishing trip was fantastic! Knowledgeable about the species, habitat, and techniques used in fly fishing for them. Pete also provided a verbal tour of interesting points about the areas geography, and history. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Deschutes River Guides to anyone who wants a wonderful fishing trip.
- Overall, my trip was a great experience. My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were good.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes