Angler: Michael Salas
Trip Taken: Deschutes River Steelhead
Had a great steelhead fishing experience on the Lower Deschutes River in Oregon with fishing guide Pete Field. I spent about eight hours on the water with Pete, and his instruction on Spey casting (I was a first timer with a two-handed rod) was easily understood. Pete was a supportive and patient instructor. He was professional, personable, and answered all and any questions without any B.S.
Simply put, my fishing trip was fantastic! Knowledgeable about the species, habitat, and techniques used in fly fishing for them. Pete also provided a verbal tour of interesting points about the areas geography, and history. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Deschutes River Guides to anyone who wants a wonderful fishing trip.Get More Information About This Trip
- Overall, my fishing trip was a great experience. My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were good.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their trips.Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected fishing experts to help you book your next trip. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
I expected big trout on this trip based on all the stories I've read over the years, and I was not disappointed! I broke my own personal best rainbow trout record at least SIX times on this trip, with the biggest being a 16 pound beauty.
I will be going again soon!