Angler: Brian Portwood
Trip Taken: Deschutes River Steelhead
Date: Aug 18th, 2019
We fished with Pete Fields on the Deschutes River in central Oregon, and had an amazing fishing trip. He was very knowledgeable about the fly fishing and the history of the area we fished. He made the day trip about more than just the steelhead fishing, which is what I enjoyed the most. Anyone can catch fish, but our guide made it an experience, and we still caught fish!Get More Information About This Trip
- Overall, my steelhead fishing trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more. My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food was NA.
- The accommodations were amazing.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their trips.Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected fishing experts to help you book your next trip. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
I expected big trout on this trip based on all the stories I've read over the years, and I was not disappointed! I broke my own personal best rainbow trout record at least SIX times on this trip, with the biggest being a 16 pound beauty.
I will be going again soon!