Angler: Lacey Savage
Date: September, 2018
Trip Taken: Steelhead Fishing in Alaska
I had another great time fishing in Alaska with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL!
I have fished and caught a few steelhead in Idaho and Washington but never have been able to fish for them in Alaska. I couldn’t believe how many steelhead are in those rivers! One day while fishing with Benny I landed 6 or 7 steelhead, I’m not sure if we just got lucky or it is always this good! Benny really helped me with my spey casting and improved my cast so I am now more confident fishing a spey setup. We had so much fun together. He had an endless amount of silly jokes and made me feel comfortable right away, he was a great guide for me.
The cabins on the bluff are really cute, nice and clean inside.
They also have a dryer in the rooms to dry out any clothes if it rains, and you can adjust the thermostat which I did so it’s nice and toasty inside. The view is awesome as the cabins overlook the ocean and you can see the sunset behind the volcanoes. The food and company was also good. Hanging out around the outside fire with everyone and exchanging stories from the day was a highlight of the trip for me.
- Overall, my fishing trip was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was amazing.
- The accommodations were amazing.
- My Fishing Consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes, I’m already on the books for fishing Kodiak Island for halibut. I also hope to go back and fish with this guide again. Matt the owner was great and does a good job making sure everyone is enjoying their week.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes