Chris Artt, Moloka’i, Hawaii Axis Deer Hunt Report
My axis deer hunt in Hawaii was awesome! It’s definitely something that can be done on a family vacation if you have a couple extra days. We hunted in the morning, and evenings there was time mid day to go get lunch, hit the pool, or even the beach. The guides were great. They made the rest of the stay better with local knowledge of things to do.
The actual axis deer hunting was great. You hear that you’re going to see lots of deer, but it’s hard to comprehend how many there are. It’s safe to say that we probably saw 1,000 deer a day! They guides definitely help judge bucks and teach what to look for. One of the best deer hunts I’ve ever been on.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more. Great outfitter super helpful and friendly really make their guests feel like family. My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were good.
My consultant was Kyle Hanson.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. Awesome to work with, chatting with Kyle feels just like talking with an old hunting buddy.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes