My trip to Hawaii was great! My guide was very knowledgeable about the area and the wildlife in it. He also picked me up from my hotel the first morning, and we proceeded up the mountain in search for a nice black Hawaiian ram to take. During the hunt we encountered mouflon sheep, hogs, wild turkey and also some Vancouver bulls! It was just before mid morning while scaling the lava rock, my guide motioned me to get down and stay low. As I looked through my binoculars there were about 6 to 8 sheep and a nice ram in the back moving across the lava rock. We were able to crawl up about 15 yards and set up on the bipods and take the shot! It was a successful shot at 130 yards and a follow up shot at 160 where the ram dropped.
My guide, Kalima was great helping me and taking care of the ram for me as well as caping him out for a shoulder mount. After the hunt we walked back to the truck and Kalima took the time to drive around and show me the awesome scenery! This was my first hunt in Hawaii and also for Black Hawaiian ram! Was a great experience and I can’t wait to come back!
- Overall, my trip was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food and accommodations were not an issue.
- My consultant was Mat Cervantes.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was fair.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes