The taking of a Capra World Slam is probably the single most physically difficult accomplishment in the mountain hunting world.
Grand Slam Club/Ovis has defined well over 30 different trophy categories for the world’s wild mountain Capra species. An individual is designated as having achieved the Capra World Slam when he or she has successfully taken and documented with GSCO at least 12 different species or subspecies from the above-mentioned recognized trophy categories.
- American Mountain Goat
- Chamois – Pyrenean; Cantabrian; Alpine; New Zealand; Carpathian; Balkan; Caucasian; Anatolian
- Tahr – Himalayan; Himalayan / New Zealand Tahr
- Ibex – Bezoar; Kri-Kri; Persian Desert; Sindh; Gredos; Beceite; Southeastern Spanish; Ronda; Alpine; Nubian; Mid-Asian; Himalayan; Altay; Gobi
- Tur – Kuban (Western); Dagestan (Eastern); Mid-Caucasian Tur
- Markhor – Bukharan Markhor; Astor Markhor; Kashmir Markhor; Kabul Markhor; Sulaiman Markhor
- Goats – Chiltan Wild Goat; Hybrid Goat*; Feral Goat**
*doesn’t count for Capra World Slam 12, but may be counted for the Super 20 & Super 30
**doesn’t count for the Capra World Slam 12 or Super 20, but may be counted for the Super 30