Mexico Sailfish Lodge
- This remote section of the Costa Grande is Ranked #2 in the World for Sailfishing by Sport Fishing Magazine.
- Productive Pelagic fishing is found only one mile off the shore from the lodge.
- Offshore species found in these waters include: Pacific sailfish; Black marlin; dorado; Yellowfin tuna; and wahoo.
- Inshore species found in these waters include: jacks; Spanish mackerel; roosterfish; and snook.
- You’ll be impressed by the unspoiled beauty of the Costa Grande.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can help you find exactly what you're looking for.
Resting 50 nautical miles south of Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, the remote fishing village of Puerto Vicente is a hidden Mexico sailfish paradise. Tucked away from the crowds and traffic of Mexico’s booming tourist destinations.
You’ll be surprised to be fishing within a few miles of shore. In fact, good Pelagic fishing can be had only one mile off the shore from the lodge. This is because the Sierra Madre Mountains that run along Costa Grande extend into the ocean and then immediately drop off, creating deep waters that provide the perfect habitat for migratory trophy fish.
Despite all this great angling, you’ll probably be the only boat on the water when you fish with us. Due to the distance, the big chartered fishing vessels from Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo don’t fish here on a regular basis. And without the crowds, you’ll have a much more relaxed Mexico sailfish vacation.
Inshore trips are great for beginners or guests who are prone to seasickness. You’ll stay in calmer waters and target less aggressive but equally impressive fish like Roosterfish, Sierra Mackerel, and Skipjack Tuna.
Don’t expect strip malls or luxury spas here.
This section of the Costa Grande has pristine beaches, litter-free coastlines and friendly, welcoming people who aren’t caught up in the hustle of daily city life. But of course, the main attraction is the Mexico sailfish fishing.
If a Mexico sailfish trip where you don’t have to deal with a huge resort atmosphere sounds good to you, this one’s for you! Contact us today.
Ask about Trip #OI-BLT1