Ascension Bay fly fishing is well known as one of the finest saltwater flats destinations in the world. This amazing place offers a great opportunity to land a super slam at almost any time of the year. Bonefish, permit, tarpon, and snook are here on a year-round basis.
For an incredible flats trip at a reasonable cost, look no further than this Ascension Bay fly fishing lodge.
- Year-round fishing season.
- Ideal for a group of friends or solo anglers.
- In addition to fabulous permit fishing, you could also be casting to tarpon, bonefish, and snook.
- The Caribbean Super Slam is a real possibility when fly fishing Ascension Bay.
- Beachside, private fishing lodge, comfortable cabins, hot showers with full amenities, including wi-fi. Accommodates up to 10 anglers.
- Amazing meals prepared with a Mayan and Caribbean influence.
- Other activities include bird watching, snorkeling, exploring Mayan ruins, beach combing, and just plain relaxing.
- One of the best values in destination travel fly fishing.
Premier Ascension Bay Fly Fishing Guides
Your guide’s number one priority is getting you good shots at permit.
The guides are serious permit hunters, so while there are plenty bonefish, many anglers at the lodge are there to target permit. All of the guides grew up in the area and are hand-picked by owner and head guide Jose, who typically rotates through the week to fish with every guest at the lodge.
You and your guide will be mostly focused on hunting elusive permit out on the flats and deeper water just off the edge. But you’ll get plenty of chances to stalk bonefish in skinny water, or head into the backcountry mangrove lagoons for baby tarpon and snook.
Ascension Bay fly fishing at this lodge is highly recommended if you’re an avid saltwater angler.
This is one of the best fishing focused lodges in the Caribbean and not to mention one of the best values in destination travel fly fishing. With direct access to the famed fisheries of Ascension Bay and the surrounding lagoons just a few minute boat ride from the lodge. They provide guided fishing on some of the best saltwater sportfish habitat in the world, and they cater to saltwater fly anglers of any skill level.
Whether you are new to saltwater fishing or an experienced angler, Ascension Bay fly fishing will offer many opportunities. They will be just as excited as you when you land a permit, and if a grand slam is your goal it’s GAME ON!
- The low cost, world-class permit fishing is the main reasons you would book this Ascension Bay fly fishing trip.
- The second reason would be the very real chance for a Caribbean Super Slam (tarpon, bonefish, snook and permit in one day). There aren’t many places where that can be accomplished.
- The guide staff includes some of the finest guides in the entire area!
You visit Ascension Bay for the fishing but the accommodations are great too.
The food is delicious, the beers are cold, the rooms are clean and comfortable.
- Each of the 6 rooms has a private bathroom with hot water, air-conditioning at night, and ceiling fans, including five rooms with two double beds and one single room with a queen bed.
- The lodge has 24-hour electricity, Wi-Fi, and a full bar.
- You will find the open-air bar and dining area a perfect social setting for meals and post-fishing beverages.
- The lodge deck also has two sitting areas for appetizers and meals.
- The landscaped grounds consist of white sand and indigenous trees that provide a nice aesthetic reminder of the natural beauty of the Yucatan peninsula.
All meals are prepared by local chefs in a new, professional-grade kitchen.
- Breakfast choices include fresh fruit, eggs, meats, and pancakes, with the lodge’s traditional Huevos Rancheros the house’s specialty.
- Lunch is packed in a cooler and served on the boat: sandwiches, chips, cookies, fruit, and plenty of water, soda, and beer.
- You will find dinners to be a blend of authentic Mayan, Caribbean, and mostly local Mexican meals and seafood.
- The small bar is well-stocked with various liquors, wines, sodas, mixers, and ice-cold local beers.
- All meals may be customized to your specific dietary needs and requests.
Boats used by the lodge are 23-foot Mexican super pangas that can accommodate two fishermen, a guide, and (most of the time) an apprentice guide.
- The boats are roomy and comfortable, with large, clean casting decks.
- If possible, anglers should plan on bringing all equipment such as rods, reels, and fly lines with them. We do recommend that guests travel with their own gear and flies.
Ask About Fishing Trip #OI-KFL1