Nunavut, Canada Polar Bear Hunt
Polar Bear Hunting in Canada
- Spring hunts take place from March to the end of May. In the spring, there is an option for traditional hunts by dog sled teams.
- Fall hunts August to October are also available.
- Hunts includes 10 full days of polar bear hunting, guided one-on-one. If needed, up to 5 extra days may be added at a daily fee (Extra Days on Hunts in Resolute Bay Only). Custom Itineraries can be provided for each client, mapping out round-trip travel plans from their home to the area they will be hunting.
- Comfortable camps situated in prime areas that may be up to 160 kilometers from any one of our Inuit communities. The hunt is over when a polar bear is harvested, even if this happens in the first day or two.
This outfitter pioneered polar bear hunts in the high arctic starting in 1981 and has maintained a success rate of virtually 100% since they began!
The Canada Arctic is home to roughly 16,000 polar bears, two thirds of the world’s population. Government biologists keep a close eye on polar bear populations in the Canadian Arctic, and a very limited amount of licenses are issued each year. Healthy polar bear numbers have been successfully maintained through “sex-selective” harvesting in which only 33% of bears taken may be female. Since 1975, polar bear populations have actually increased slightly.
This outfitter also offers superior hunts for Greenland and barren-ground muskox, Central Canada barren-ground and Arctic Islands caribou, barren-ground grizzly, and Atlantic walrus! Contact us if you are interested in hunting any of these species. Renowned hunters such as Jim Shockey, Tom Miranda, Bob Foulkrod, and Ralph and Vicky Cianciarulo have chosen this outfitter for their numerous arctic hunting expeditions.
- Thanks for reaching out to check on me after my hunt. I can’t compliment the outfitter enough. They provided us a fantastic hunt and were able to adjust the hunt to my physical limitations. We rate them A+ and we look forward to going back out with them one day. Moving forward we are scheduled to hunt moose in September and deer in November.
Sheep and tag numbers are on the increase which is good news all around. If you wish to sheep hunt, let us know now and we will in turn provide you with a reminder and information when the drawing time draws near. This is very special hunt and should be considered by anyone who calls himself a hunter, at least once before you retire the boots and rifle.
- I love to hunt elk. Guiding hunts, floats, and fishing are all very special ways for me to earn a living. The difference is that… “I have to Sheep Hunt!” For me, there is no other place that I have found and no other experience that compares. I am sure there are many rams taken each year beside the road, on the trail or next to the river… those have nothing to do with what I am speaking of. In the 80’s and 90’s I guided countless Bighorn and Dall Sheep hunts. We would drop a hunter off at the airstrip (successful or not) sometimes on the proverbial verge of death, only to gather up the next victim and head out again. It never grew tiring, in fact it was just the opposite. “Exhilarating” would be more appropriate. I love every aspect of the sheep hunt. The terrain, camaraderie, the camping, the rocks. I love the rocks. Bighorn Sheep tags became more difficult to acquire through the 90’s and on into the new millennium.
- I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I’d be drawn for an Idaho Bighorn Sheep Tag. I’d been putting in for 10 years and was drawn for the 2017 early season tag. I had gone on a successful guided mule deer hunt in November 2016 with the same outfitter, and was so impressed with the operation that I decided to change sheep areas and put my sheep tag in for his area.
The outfitter did an outstanding job on the entire hunt, and took the most excellent care of us during the entire hunt. Both of us getting a mountain lion was just icing on the cake.
It was an epic no guarantee adventure! Just what I was looking for. Can’t wait to go back!!
I plan on using them again in a couple of years when I take my caribou hunt!
It was truly a hunt of a lifetime and something I would suggest to anyone if able.
Excellent caribou hunt from start to finish. Life long friends and memories will forever be remembered!
Overall it was an awesome experience and we are already planning our return trip! Oh, and did I mention the fishing was great?
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best hunt for your budget and goals.