Bezoar Ibex Hunt Report: 3/4/18
Bezoar Ibex in Turkey – 3/4/18
This trip to Turkey has been the most amazing trip I’ve been on. In the back of your mind you think Turkey, is it gonna be safe, but the people I’ve met have been extremely friendly. My translator was awesome and you could tell he cared that I understood everything. My guide and driver was cold to start but the more I tried to communicate with him the more he opened up and the more I felt he wanted to interact with me. The head forester for my area seemed like an old grumpy man but in the end he was smiling and shaking my hand. The young forester didn’t really open up toward me until the hike out on the day I got my ibex. It was almost like I earned his respect and when hiking out with my gun strapped to my pack, he cane running up and took it from me saying the tree limbs scratch it. As best as i could understand. They showed me several ibex over the week I was there and we made a couple failed stalk attempts prior to getting a shot on mine.
The outfitter has been the most wonderful host I could have ever imagined. He has really gone far and above what id ever expect an outfitter to do, i truly enjoyed my day with him today. I’m not sure that’s normal treatment or if it was because I had an extra day to kill but nonetheless it was great.
I don’t know what and when, but one day I will be back to hunt with him again. And if anyone would like to experience this contact Mat Cervantes to book this hunt. Its an experience you don’t want to one day wish you would have done.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food and accommodations were fair.
- My consultant was Mat Cervantes.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
Can we use this in social media? Yes