Fallow Deer Hunting Croatia
This is a free range Fallow deer hunt on the 2,500 acre private Mediterranean Island of Plavnik.
Croatia is among the rare countries that can boast of having a tradition of organized hunting more than 120 years old. It is a beautiful country, and you may recognize it if you watch Game of Thrones. Kings Landing is filmed in Croatia.
The Romans were the first to bring fallow deer to the Adriatic area over 1,000 years ago and they have flourished since then. The trophy quality on this hunt is excellent to good. Bronze-Gold medal fallow bucks are possible using the International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation (CIC) rating system. There is no limit on trophy size.
- Free range, fair chase fallow deer and/or Dalmation wild sheep (SCI).
- Excellent trophy quality.
- You are allowed one management buck or a few does along with your trophy fallow buck.
- Free wild boar!
- Success rates are over 90%, and opportunity is 100%.
- Archery friendly hunt.
- The rut is late September to mid October.
- You can either hunt by spot-and-stalk, or from a blind.
- Guides speak perfect English.
- If you are in fairly good shape, you won’t have a problem hunting in Croatia.
- You will stay in a lodge that was built in 1577! It is clean and comfortable. You will eat local food, beer and wine.
More Big Game is Available on the Mainland
Besides the fallow deer, Dalmatian wild sheep and mouflon rams on the Island of Plavnik, there are several species to hunt on the mainland coast including; Eurasian Brown Bear; Balkan Chamois; red stag; roe buck; and wild boar. It is an easy boat ride from the island, so a combo hunt is very doable.
Unbelievable one day hunt. I thank Mat Cervantes for putting me on another awesome European hunt. I’ve been on two European hunting trips with Outdoor International and have harvested 2 Gold and 2 Silver Medal animals.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best hunt for your budget and goals.