Hunter: Anthony Weber
Date: Aug 15-21, 2020
Trip Taken: Dall Sheep Hunt
Consultant: Patrick Kissel | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
We took two small plane flights to make it to the main lodge, then a staging flight followed by Super Cub landing on a sandbar for our base camp. It was about an eight mile hike up the river drainage to get to our spike camp on top of the mountain. I did see some other sheep hunters across the valley that shot a ram out from under us on day two. I harvested my ram on day three. Guide and packer were great, pilot was also good. I ended up leaving early and doing my own trophy care as I wanted to bring everything back with me instead of leaving with the taxidermist up in Alaska.
Overall, my sheep hunt was a great experience.
- How would you rate your trip overall? Great. But, they were a little possessive of the sheep meat. The guide and packer warned me that the outfitters wife likes to keep the meat from the hunts. I specifically told her that I wanted to bring ALL of my sheep home, that I am a meat hunter first, trophy hunter second. She said she would take care of it for me. I later noticed when I was on the plane headed back to Anchorage that I only had a small portion of meat… 15 pounds… She kept a whole hind quarter, all the neck meat and one of the tenderloins. Not sure why they did this, especially if I expressed interest in coming back to Alaska to hunt with them again, and then told them I want to take my meat with me. I wasn’t too mad because I shot a big ram, but thought it was kinda stupid on their part to ignore the wish of their client for some sheep meat.
- How was your food and lodging? Good.
- How was your guide? Good.
- How was your outfitters communication? Fair
- How physically demanding was your trip? Extreme.
- How would you rate your consultant? Great.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes
Are you interested in booking a hunt like this?Ask For Pricing or More Information
Here are some hunts in Alaska that you might like:
GET MORE INFORMATION
Please be thorough so we can help you book the perfect hunting trip.
Do you have a particular destination in mind? What species would you like to hunt? Do you need to stay within a budget? Will you be hunting with a group? Etc.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.