A Texas aoudad hunt is special. They offer a chance for the average hunter to go on a true mountain sheep hunt at a fraction of the cost. Patience is a virtue. You’ll be spending long periods glassing. It’s incredibly difficult to spot sheep that blend in so amazingly well with their surroundings. Guides will spend as much time as necessary locating a mature ram. Once a good ram is spotted, it requires a successful, well planned stalk to get within shooting range.
Texas aoudad hunts can be one of the most challenging/rewarding/affordable mountain hunts out there.
- Aoudad tags are over-the-counter in Texas.
- A Texas aoudad hunt is quite possibly the best value in the sheep hunting world.
- Hunting season is year-round, but it’s best to hunt sometime between December and March.
- Our hunters have high success rates on trophy rams.
- Aoudad hunts in West Texas are almost all free range, fair chase.
- While archery hunting is possible, and an experienced bowhunter can get within bow range, bowhunting for aoudad is tough. Experienced archery hunters; you know the deal, this is a sheep hunt; rifles are recommended but if you insist…be prepared to be patient and be very confident and proficient at 60+ yards.
If you’ve considered a Texas aoudad hunt, the time is NOW!
The cost will only continue to go up. We’d love to help, get in touch with us to start planning.
Ask about Hunt #OI-K9CO1