High fence hunting is the solution to your trophy buck or monster bull solution. Trying to get your chance at a bull elk over 350, or a whitetail over 200 inches, without waiting the years in takes to draw the “right” tag can be a VERY expensive and time consuming venture. A solution to that issue, if cost is a concern, is to hunt on a high fence hunting estate.
A few reasons to consider high fence hunting on an estate:
In the market for free ranging bulls of 350+ caliber you will pay anywhere from $15,000 to $25,000 most of the time. Now, we all know guys who have gotten those kinds of bulls on lower cost hunts but if you want a place that can legitimately average those kinds of numbers then you are going to have to write a serious check. As an alternative you can get into those kinds of bulls for $7-$10,000 on a high fence place. I’m with you…if you’re saying to yourself that you’d rather kill a bull like that on free range. But, there are some very good, big property high fence elk hunts out west. We do work with a few outfitters who have large enough properties where you are going to have a very challenging hunt to get a bull.
- Large private ranch hunts offer better quality animals, due to the fact that they are still in their natural surroundings without the pressure of public hunting and predation.
- Managed properly food water and safe zones can be maintained to ensure a stress-free environment for the game.
- Trophy quality can be managed to weed out inferior genetic lines to keep top quality deer available, this can be accomplished with very minimal to no handling of the animals.
- Most work is in the maintenance and upkeep of food plots, stands and game monitoring. It’s important to keep the human presence to a minimum, ensuring game maintain their wild tendency.
- Public land all your costs are spread out (food, lodging, tags, fuel, handling of game, stands, food plots, gear) on a private ranch everything is included. Having all costs included in your high fence hunting trip leaves you with a more enjoyable and exciting experience.
- Guides ensure only mature animals are shot allowing the young bucks and bulls to have time to grow into their full potential.