If budget, time, or physical condition is an issue for you, look to high fence hunt for your trophy buck or monster bull solution. Trying to get your chance at a bull elk over 350, or a whitetail over 200 inches, without waiting the years in takes to draw the “right” tag can be a VERY expensive and time consuming venture. A solution to that issue, if cost is a concern, is to hunt on a high fence hunting estate.
A few reasons to consider an estate hunt:
In the market for free ranging bulls of 350+ caliber you will pay anywhere from $15,000 to $25,000 most of the time. Now, we all know guys who have gotten those kinds of bulls on lower cost hunts but if you want a place that can legitimately average those kinds of numbers then you are going to have to write a serious check. As an alternative you can get into those kinds of bulls for $7-$10,000 on a high fence place. I’m with you…if you’re saying to yourself that you’d rather kill a bull like that on free range. But, there are some very good, big property high fence elk hunts out west. We do work with a few outfitters who have large enough properties where you are going to have a very challenging hunt to get a bull.
- Large private ranch hunts offer better quality animals, due to the fact that they are still in their
natural surroundings without the pressure of public hunting and predation.
- Managed properly food water and safe zones can be maintained to ensure a stress-free
environment for the game.
- Trophy quality can be managed to weed out inferior genetic lines to keep top quality deer available,
this can be accomplished with very minimal to no handling of the animals.
- Most work is in the maintenance and upkeep of food plots, stands and game monitoring.
It’s important to keep the human presence to a minimum, ensuring game maintain their
- Public land all your costs are spread out (food, lodging, tags, fuel, handling of game,
stands, food plots, gear) on a private ranch everything is included. Having all costs
included in your hunt leaves you with a more enjoyable and exciting experience.
- Guides ensure only mature deer are shot allowing the young deer to have time to grow
into their full potential.
From a hunter’s point of view:
- You are going to see a better quality and quantity of wildlife in their natural
- You’re not having to put in the cost of labor and time invested into food plots, stands,
and monitoring deer movement
- Private ranch hunting can try and meet the needs of every hunter’s ability and
challenges in an ethical way
- Private ranches are flexible with your busy work schedule. The heavy regulations and
restrictions on public land and free-range hunting do not apply.