Hunter: Jason Kinyon
Hunt Date: October, 2016
Trip Taken: Mouflon sheep, Balkan Chamois, Fallow Deer in Croatia
Your Hunting Consultant: Mat with Outdoors International
This was a challenging free range hunt and not a canned fence hunt. Very exciting.
I landed in Zagreb and Gregor was waiting for me at the airport. We then traveled to the bed and breakfast near Sinje where we would stay while we hunted mouflon sheep and Balkan chamois.
First, we headed out for mouflon sheep.
The terrain was steep and the rocks were sharp. It was a physical mountain hunt. I saw lots of sheep…at least 6 before I found one that looked big enough to shoot. As we were preparing for the shot on a 70cm sheep a much larger 82cm gold medal sheep appeared. The guides got me in a great position for a 275 yard shot which I executed.
The next morning we headed out for Balkan chamois.
We glassed for a few hours high on a mountain and spotted a shooter with several females. We made a very difficult stalk for several km and got into position for a 330 yd shot.
I used the outfitters guns and they were of excellent quality with the best optics. I made the shot and after a tough climb we were at my second trophy in two days. The next two days were cloudy with light rain so Gregor took me sight seeing to Pula, Rijeka, and Krk. Very interesting couple of days.
The weather improved on my last day.
So we headed to Gregor’s island for Fallow deer. I was able to harvest a deer in half a day to complete my trip. Three trophies in three days of hunting…outstanding results.
- How would you rate this hunt? FIVE STARS
- How likely will you be to refer friends to Outdoors International about this hunt? Excellent
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication? Excellent
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Excellent
- How would you rate the outfitters lodging? Excellent
- How would you rate the food? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your guide? Excellent
- How was the Field Dressing and Trophy Preparation: Excellent
- Was your hunt successful? Yes
- Were you happy with your trophy and the overall experience? Food was exceptional. Fresh seafood from the Adriatic Sea. No shortage of game and of high quality.
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Difficult. The hunt was very physical.
- Is there anything that the outfitter should do differently in your opinion? No
- How likely would you be to refer Outdoors International booking services to your friends and family? Very Likely
- How were your conversations with your agent? Good
- How was the agent’s pre-hunt correspondence? Good
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your agent? Excellent
- How was your agent’s post-hunt follow up? Good
- Will you book another trip with Outdoors International in the future? Yes, because Outdoors International vet’s their outfitters.
- Anything about this trip that you think we should be aware of? No, it was great. But you do need to offer more European hunts.
Are you interested in booking a hunt like this?Ask For Pricing or More Information
Here are some trips in Europe that you might like:
Request Pricing, Availability or More Information
Just fill out the form below, and please be thorough so we can get you exactly the type of hunt you're looking for.