Hunter: Russ Hayden
Date: March 18-25, 2022
Trip Taken: Red Stag / Wild Boar Hunt in Argentina
Consultant: Kyle Hanson | Outdoors International
This was my first guided hunt I have ever been on. So I don’t have anything to compare it to. With that being said, I had a great time and a successful hunt.
The accommodations were very nice and clean. The kitchen staff was very polite and hard working. They not only served our meals but also cleaned our rooms and washed our clothes daily. The food was Delicious as we were able to eat several types of wild game, including red stag, wild boar, and water buffalo. Each was cooked Argentina style.
Each hunter was assigned a one on one guide that seemed to know their game animals we were pursuing. Each hunter, there were eight of us, had several encounters and opportunities to harvest our stag. My biggest obstacle with my guide was the language barrier. Either brush up on your Spanish or download an app on your phone that will translate your language to Spanish.
I would recommend wearing boots and pants that can protect your feet and legs from thorns. Seemed like most plants had some sort of thorn on them. Also be prepared to walk quite a bit during this hunt. I had a couple of days that we hiked over 10 miles. Though the terrain is basically very flat, the ground is mostly soft sand and will test your fitness level. Make sure you are in good walking shape with decent endurance.
The outfitter runs a first class operation.
He is very friendly and a great host. His manager Julio, runs a very smooth operation. Making sure all the hunters and guides are on the same page.
This was a hunt of a lifetime for me and I would highly recommend this outfitter.
- How would you rate your trip overall? Great Alejandro is not only a top notch outfitter, but also a man of his word. He will work hard for you to enjoy your hunt and to be successful.
- How were your guide? Great.
- How was your lodging? Great.
- How was the food? Great.
- How was your outfitters communication? Great.
- How physically demanding was your trip? Moderate
- How would you rate your consultant? Great. Kyle, was easy to work with. He answered all my emails and questions. Kyle wants all his clients to be happy with their experience.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes. My Instagram handle is: @Russ.hayden.9