Ken Holman, Colorado Elk Hunt Report
It was great experience to connect on that bull. Grant did a great job of putting me on elk and calling this one in.
I arrived to the airport and my guide, Grant was there to pick me up. We went and got the elk tags then back to the camp to settle in. The camp was comfortable and I was the only hunter there. We started hunting the next day. Right from the start, there was elk activity. We could hear them bugling but didn’t get close to anything that first morning. For the afternoon hunt, we set up near a water hole. After a while, we decided to move to a different spot.
We sat on a ridge and did some cow calls. A satellite bull snuck in from the side and kind of caught me by surprise. I was able to get a shot at about 30 yards after Grant stopped the bull with a cow call. It was great experience to connect on that bull. Grant did a great job of putting me on elk and calling this one in.
Since I filled my elk tag on the first day and wasn’t looking to go home early, Grant offered the opportunity to hunt mule deer. The rest of the week, we hunted deer and I really enjoyed the experience of being out on the mountain. I did have an opportunity at a 3 by 3, but decided to pass. The Outfitter was very accommodating and did a great job of making my trip a great experience.
- Overall, my trip was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was moderate.
- The food and accommodations were good.
- My consultant was Mat Cervantes. Mat was great. He checked in with me several times and did really took an interest in making sure I had a great experience.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes