Dalmatian Sheep Hunt in Croatia
This is a free range Dalmatian sheep hunt hunt on the 3,000 acre private Mediterranean Island of Plavnik. This is a spot-and-stalk hunt, but tree stands are also available if you wish to use them. If you are in fairly good shape, you won’t have a problem hunting in Croatia.
- Sheep from the Mediterranean Island of Plavnik are recognized by SCI.
- Success rate is over 90% success with a 100% opportunity rate.
- Trophy quality is excellent to good.
- September through January
- Combo with fallow buck, feral goats and wild Russian boar.
- Dalmatian sheep hunting on Otok Plavnik in Croatia offers the best bang for your buck.
- You will stay in a lodge that was built in 1577! It is clean and comfortable. You will eat local food, beer and wine.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Dalmatian sheep are native to the Dalmatian Islands off the Croatian coast. For centuries they were used domestically by peasants, but in the 18th Century, most of the people left the islands to find jobs on the mainland. Since that time these sheep have gone back to the wild and are extremely wary. Currently scientists only recognize the islands of Dugi Otok and Otok Plavnik (this island) as having pure Dalmatian Wild Sheep populations. SCI follows the scientific ruling when accepting entries for this OVIS species.
Currently scientists only recognize the islands of Dugi Otok and Otok Plavnik (this island) as having pure Dalmatian Wild Sheep populations. SCI follows the scientific ruling when accepting entries for this specie
More Big Game is Available on Mainland Croatia
Besides the fallow deer, Dalmatian wild sheep, feral goats and wild boars on the Island of Plavnik, there are several species to hunt on the mainland coast including; Eurasian Brown Bear; Balkan Chamois; red stag; mouflon sheep; roe buck; and wild boar. It is an easy boat ride from the island, so a combo hunt is very doable.
If you’re looking for a Dalmatian sheep hunt, contact us today.
Ask about Hunt #OI-AH4