Caleb Miller Greenland Muskox Hunt Report
People, camp, food, and gear were what we were expecting. Weather was absolutely perfect. Was rather disappointed in the number of animals seen. In the +/- 4 days we only saw about 12 muskox. Based on conversation with the outfitter the August hunts are more productive with more animals.
We were able to get my father on a bull, and the resulting pack-out was one of the most difficult I’ve ever done – we were about 6-8 miles back over a couple mountain ranges. I’ve hunted sheep for more than 20 years and this was a hunt you want to prepare for. The hunting itself wasn’t awful, but they want to do a full pack-out in one run and that results in everyone having 100+ lb packs over some crummy country. Only one of us tagged, so be fully aware that it’s a fully fair chase hunt with no assurances.
Overall, my trip was good. Ask about number of animals you’ll see based on your hunt dates – if you want to see volume on a warm weather hunt I couldn’t recommend a September hunt.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was extreme.
- The food and accommodations were good.
My consultant was Mat Cervantes.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes
Or Just Give Us a Call