Hunter: Caleb Miller
Date: September 17-21, 2018
Trip Taken: Greenland Muskox Hunt
Consultant: Mat Cervantes | Outdoors International
People, camp, food, and gear were what we were expecting. Weather was absolutely perfect. Was rather disappointed in the number of animals seen. In the +/- 4 days we only saw about 12 muskox. Based on conversation with the outfitter the best time to hunt muskox is in August. This time is more productive with more animals.
We were able to get my father on a bull, and the resulting pack-out was one of the most difficult I’ve ever done – we were about 6-8 miles back over a couple mountain ranges. I’ve hunted sheep for more than 20 years and this was a hunt you want to prepare for. The hunting itself wasn’t awful, but they want to do a full pack-out in one run and that results in everyone having 100+ lb packs over some crummy country. Only one of us tagged, so be fully aware that it’s a fully fair chase hunt with no assurances.
- Overall, my trip was good. Ask about number of animals you’ll see based on your hunt dates – if you want to see volume on a warm weather hunt I couldn’t recommend a September hunt.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was extreme.
- The food and accommodations were good.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.
Are you interesting in booking a hunt?Ask For Pricing or More Information
Here are some hunts you might be interested in:
Request Pricing, Availability or More Information
Just fill out the form below, and please be thorough so we can get you exactly the type of hunt you're looking for.