Alaska Unguided Caribou
If you’ve dreamed of a remote, fly-in, unguided, do-it-yourself caribou hunting adventure, at an affordable price – this is it!
These Alaska unguided caribou hunts have no hidden costs. They include airport pickup/delivery, all food, tents, cots, camping equipment, transport of meat, capes and antlers back to Kotzebue. The Outfitters’ logistical support and coordination assures your unguided trip will go as planned from start to finish. These hunts are e a true remote arctic adventure.
Northwest Alaska is home to the largest herd of Barren Ground Caribou, called the Western Arctic Herd. In addition to caribou, hunters regularly see moose, grizzly bear, black bear, wolves, dall sheep, wolverine, and musk ox. The vast and open tundra, virtually untouched by man adds to this true wilderness adventure. The key to a successful unguided hunt is to be dropped in front of the bulk of the moving herd.
- Request to see Hunt Reports for this trip.
- Late August through mid-October
- Camps are placed along the caribou migration route
- The average hunter should see 500+ caribou
- Trophy class bulls are common
- Add a wolf and/or wolverine for no additional fee
- Bring a shotgun for ptarmigan
- Fishing is also available