Stephen Vouch, New Zealand Tahr Hunt Report
Early May, 2018
I did a wilderness back country hunt in the Southern Alps of New Zealand for tahr. It was an amazing adventure and Joseph is a world-class guy and hunter.
The trip was a 7-day back country tahr hunt in New Zealand that started with a helicopter ride into the edge of the wilderness and 1 day walk into the tahr hunting area. It requires good mental and physical conditioning and willingness to handle the weather environments. Joseph has tremendous knowledge of tahr species and an incredible eye for finding them. He is a great guide, mountaineer, sherpa, cook and an all around good guy.
We hunted hard for multiple days and got into bow range on tahr every day. The toughest part of the hunt is getting a clean shot through the brush. Ultimately, we got it done in the last couple of days and I’m grateful we got to experience the hunt with Joseph. Would definitely recommend him if you’re looking for a back country wilderness hunt for tahr, and love to adventure in the mountains.
- Overall, my trip was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was extreme.
- The food and accommodations were amazing.
- My consultant was Russ Meyer.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? I hope to
Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
Can we use this in social media? Yes