Shaun Thomas, Alaska Unguided Moose Hunt Report
Sept 8th, 20018
I thought the outfitter did a great job. They guys seemed super organized.
The staff was great to work with and they were all super cool. Got us out in the bush as scheduled and we were dropped in a great moose hunting area. Saw lots of moose. Saw quite a few smaller bulls but also killed two great bulls. We were scheduled to be in the bush for 16 days. We had the first bull killed and packed out on day two. Second bull killed on day four.
Called them and they were able to get our Alaska moose out the next day and we were able to come out of the bush early as well. Would have been interesting to stick around for the full 16 days as the rut was just getting started. But we couldn’t pass up the two great bulls we killed.
No guide. This was a DIY trip.
- Overall, my unguided moose hunt was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food and accommodations were not an issue.
My consultant was Russ Meyer
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? I hope to
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes