Idaho Mountain Lion Hunt Report
February 16-22, 2020
We were able to harvest a great mountain lion on the fourth day of the hunt. Throughout the week we treed another cat and cut tracks on others before crossing paths with the big tom. We saw an abundance of wolf sign as well in this area. Expectations were met with a great animal. The mature tom was estimated at 140+ pounds and 14 3/4″ skull. The hunt itself was full of excitement in a beautiful area of Idaho.
This particular tom that was harvested happened to be the farthest lion harvested from the road in the outfitter’s history of hunting this area. It just so happened that he ran up canyon and treed very high up the drainage. It was a bit of a hike to get up to him. Once the big cat was harvested the houndsman packed him out on the long walk out. We will be doing a full body mount on this one. It was one for the books!
This houndsman was hands down among the best. His dogs were well trained and he worked harder than anyone could have asked for.
- Overall, my trip was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food was amazing.
- The accommodations were good.
My consultant was Kyle Hanson.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes