Hunter: Gary Colbath
Date: November 1-7, 2020
Trip Taken: DIY Vessel-based Sitka Blacktail Deer Hunt on Kodiak Island
Consultant: OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
Our unguided hunting trip on Kodiak Island was amazing. The boat was comfortable and food was good. Hot, real food, and warm place to dry gear and sleep each day makes all the difference when hunting Kodiak. We started out in an unbelievable area where all four of us harvested Sitka blacktail bucks each of the first two days. As the weather changed our Captain moved the boat to calmer waters and we were able to explore new areas.
We saw several big brown bears, mountain goats, sea ducks, fox and lots of deer! We threw the crab pot out daily and enjoyed some fresh seafood. On the return trip, we stopped and caught rockfish and halibut, a real bonus to end a great hunt!
Since Gary is an Alaska resident, he was able to hunt mountain goats as well on this hunt.
The outfitters whole crew is awesome. Hard working group that wants you to be successful.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were good.
My Hunting Consultant is OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.