At this Belize fly fishing resort you can achieve the anglers’ ultimate dream – The Grand Slam of bonefish, tarpon, snook and permit. Other than their flats fishing they offer a variety of other activities. These include snorkeling, sailing, manatee watching, parasailing, kayaking, reef fishing, scuba diving, cave tubing, a zip-line adventure, the Belize Zoo, and spa services! Many of these activities are available in several different locations as well!
- 5-Star Resort accommodations.
- All four species of the Grand Slam are available in this area (Tarpon, Snook, Permit, and Bonefish).
- Offshore fishing on the reef for tuna, wahoo, king fish, barracuda, snapper, and grouper.
- This Belize fly fishing resort makes for an excellent Corporate Retreat.
- Bring your spouse, or make it a family vacation. They’ll love it!
- Good fishing can be had year round. However, February to August is probably the best time of year to go fishing in Belize.
- Any fishing experience level can be accommodated.
Catch the Grand Slam
In addition to the exceptional flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit, the lagoons can turn up lady fish or snook. Or you can go offshore to the reef into the deep water for tuna and wahoo. You can even troll the reef for king fish or barracuda or jig the bottom for snapper and grouper. The choice is yours.
Top Notch Fishing Guides
This was one of the first fishing lodges in Belize, and there are three generations of guides working full time. They know every detail of the flats surrounding Ambergris Caye and the areas beyond. Most of them were taught for years by their father or uncle before they were allowed to captain their own boat. You won’t find a more experienced group of full-time professional fishing guides and staff anywhere.
Communication with Your Guide is the Key to Success
We HIGHLY suggest that you communicate with your guide throughout the day. Do you want to bonefish all day? Is there a chance for permit or tarpon? Are you interested in different species? If you would like help or advice, please do not hesitate to ask. Maybe you change your mind during the day and want to see if a different opportunity is available, ask away!
If you’ve been tarpon fishing for three hours without a bite and you feel like you need a tug desperately, ask to go catch a bonefish! If you enjoy wading, just ask the guide. The point is that the guide will not know what you are feeling unless you tell him.
Fly Casting Lessons
Complimentary fly-casting lessons are available daily from 3-5 pm on the casting platform of the dock. You will be tired after 8-10 hours on the boat, but please try to spend a few minutes to work on something new. The guides are great teachers, but they tend to focus on finding you fish.
On the dock, we can work off some skills that need time to develop, like a double haul or getting rid of a tailing loop. If you would like help with knot tying or fly tying, please do not hesitate to ask.
This Belize fly fishing resort offers a variety of activities that are perfect for families or a couples retreat. They’ll love it, even if they don’t fish!
This trip is based on double occupancy room and guiding. It is inclusive of round trip air, land, and sea transfers between Belize International Airport and the resort located on Ambergris Caye. Also included are three meals per day, Belizean beverages, hotel and sales tax, use of pool, kayaks, bikes, wifi, etc.
There are several options for lodging depending which accommodations you desire.
- The recently renovated main lodge sits right on the beach, facing the sea.
- Each of the fourteen main lodge guest rooms lookout to the sea, and are just steps away from our swimming pool adjacent to the beach. All rooms have private baths, overhead fans and air-conditioning.
- If you want more privacy, you can stay in one of the two-story, 3-bed, 3-bath villas.
- Only a few miles north of San Pedro Town and its gift shops, restaurants, bars and night spots. Guests usually travel by golf cart which can be easily rented at the front desk.
- The restaurant specializes in fresh, local Caribbean cuisine. Meals are served in an outdoor dining pavilion, and the bar is a perfect place to relax after a full day of activity!
- Your hosts live on the premises to ensure warm, personal service around the clock.
This Belize fly fishing resort has more to offer than just fishing. There are over 25 miles of reef just offshore!
Fabulous diving and snorkeling is to be found virtually everywhere along the barrier reef. The reef stretches the entire length of the coast, some 175 miles. In addition, three atolls provide another 180 miles of living reef.
When diving along the main barrier reef at Ambergris Caye, you will experience the vast canyons formed by large, living corals rising from a sandy bottom. These canyons are found just outside the reef at depths of 50 – 100 feet.
Add some adventure to your Belize fly fishing resort vacation package.
Choose from land, sea, or land/sea activities where you can explore the waters, dive the reef, see Mayan ruins, zip-line through jungle canopies, float tube through an ancient cave, and many more.
Like to be spontaneous? Perfect. Just go see the front desk for more information. Want to include specific activities planned in advance? No problem. Let us know what you would like to do while you are here and we can custom tailor an all-inclusive package for you.
Ask about Trip #OI-EP1