Belize Fly Fishing Resort on Ambergris Caye
Whether you’re fishing Belize on the flats stalking the Grand Slam, diving in and around our world famous barrier reef, or just relaxing in a tropical paradise, this Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Resort will help you plan the perfect Belize vacation.
- 5 Star Resort accommodations.
- All four species of the grand slam are available in this area (Tarpon, Snook, Permit, and Bonefish).
- Offshore fishing on the reef for tuna, wahoo, king fish, barracuda, snapper, and grouper.
- Excellent corporate retreat.
- Great spouse and/or family destination.
- Any fishing experience level can be accommodated.
- Good fishing can be had year round. However, February to August is probably the best time of year to go fishing in Belize.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can help you find exactly what you're looking for.
At this Belize fly fishing fishing resort you can achieve the anglers’ ultimate dream – a Grand Slam of bonefish, tarpon and permit. The saltwater flats of Belize are world renowned for offering the opportunity to sight cast to tarpon 12 months a year. Fishing Belize lagoons can turn up lady fish or snook, or you can go offshore to the reef into the deep water for tuna and wahoo. Troll the reef for king fish or barracuda. Jig the bottom for snapper and grouper. The choice is yours.
All guides for this trip are highly experienced in all aspects of your flats experience.
Many of the guides have been taught for years by their father or uncle before they were allowed to captain their own boat. Their vast knowledge of how the fish behave makes them some of the best in the business. If you’ll looking for an unguided fishing trip while you’re in Belize, we can help you out with that as well. Just let us know what you’re looking for.
This resort offers a variety of activities that are perfect for families or a couples retreat.
Other than their flats fishing they offer a variety of other activities. These include Snorkeling, Sailing, Manatee Watch and Snorkeling, Parasailing, Kayaking, Reef Fishing, Scuba Diving Trips, Cave Tubing, Zip-line Adventure, Belize Zoo, and Spa Services! Many of these activities are available in several different locations as well! Request pricing if this sounds good to you.
Bring your wife and family, even if they don’t fish!
This trip is based on double occupancy room and guiding. It is inclusive of round trip air, land, and sea transfers between Belize International Airport and the resort located on Ambergris Caye. Also included are three meals per day, Belizean beverages, hotel and sales tax, use of pool, kayaks, bikes, wifi, etc.
There are several options for lodging depending which accommodations you desire.
- The recently renovated main lodge sits right on the beach, facing the sea.
- Each of the fourteen main lodge guest rooms lookout to the sea, and are just steps away from our swimming pool adjacent to the beach. All rooms have private baths, overhead fans and air-conditioning.
- If you want more privacy, you can stay in one of the two-story, 3-bed, 3-bath villas.
- Only a few miles north of San Pedro Town and its gift shops, restaurants, bars and night spots. Guests usually travel by golf cart which can be easily rented at the front desk.
- The restaurant specializes in fresh, local Caribbean cuisine. Meals are served in an outdoor dining pavilion, and the bar is a perfect place to relax after a full day of activity!
- Your hosts live on the premises to ensure warm, personal service around the clock.
Best time to go fishing in Belize
As with any fishing the weather will play a roll in your trip and the experience and fishing you will encounter is dependent upon this uncontrollable factor. For the most part inclement weather such as wind or rain storms move through and over the island quickly. The months on Ambergris Caye tend to blend together and anglers experience great fishing year round. Below is an idea of what to expect during any given month.
For pricing or more information about this Belize fly fishing resort, contact us.
Ask About Hunt #OI-EP1
On calm days you should see as many as 50-75 tarpon, 20-90 pound range. Generally, bone and tarpon fishing are good; reef fishing good to excellent on calm days.
Fish are plentiful on the flats if the wind isn’t too strong. Tarpon in the 20-90 pound range. Bones, Permit, and tarpon fishing are good, but weather-dependent. Reef fishing is excellent.
Plenty of 20-90 pound tarpon on the calmer days. Plenty of bonefish. Tarpon in lagoons. Reef fishing good to excellent. Permit schooled up in good numbers.
Lots of tarpon, 40-100 pounds, and they are more aggressive. Migrating tarpon start coming onto the reefs. It’s a good month for permit too. Usually large schools of small permit, and plenty of bones. Reef fishing excellent.
Generally our hottest month, with calm-to-light breezes. It’s not uncommon to see huge schools of 200-300 bones. Tarpon on both flats and the reef. Reef fishing is good to excellent.
Bone fishing is excellent as it always is from April through October. Tarpon on both the flats and reef. Reef fishing good to excellent.
|July, August, and September||
Usually calm and warm. Great fishing. Lots of bones, lots of tarpon to well over 100 pounds. We consider this the best tarpon season of the year. The most and the largest tarpon have been caught in August and September. We also find some of the largest permit of the year during tarpon migration.
Lots of tarpon, large and aggressive. Bones are larger and more aggressive too. Big schools of jack crevelle are also on the flats now and it is a good month for the larger permit. Reef fishing fair to good. If there is a lot of rainfall on the mainland, snook arrive on the flats in large numbers. The lodge record for the most tarpon landed in a single day was had in October by Dick Smith with 7 tarpon landed and another 5 jumped.
There are plenty of 60-100 pound tarpon on the flats. Jack crevalle and bone fishing are also good. Reef fishing good to excellent.
If the sun stays out there are plenty of barracuda, bones, and tarpon (40-80 pounds) on the flats. Jacks and ladyfish too. The full moon brings grouper and snappers to the reef to spawn. Reef fishing good to excellent.