Larry and his team are excellent hunt guides. They know the property well. One always seemed to be out scouting. The ranch house is ok and good condition….lots of room. Comfortable. The guides are focused on the game, hunt and property.
Late season cow elk hunting season in New Mexico is fun! Private ranch. Plenty of game – Elk, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, and coyotes galore! Mountain lion hunting is really good on the property, but none were sighted. Wait for conditions to be right for game moving down. Be flexible on hunt start to make the best of the opportunity.
Ranch house with lots of room and beds in bedrooms. After arrival late morning – opportunity to shoot rifle was appreciated.
With three hunters and three guides; there was excellent game scouting and locating. Guides are very knowledgeable and help with getting an opportunity.
We were on elk the first afternoon.
Stalk 1 – very close to opportunity. Mule deer alerted elk….they moved. Next morning – spotted elk and stalk 2. Weather came in and closed window. Afternoon day 2- Snow storm with wind and stalk on foot to top. Wait for weather to clear. Finally a slight break and we can see them. Shot opportunity and kill. It was a great stalk, great experience, great guides. I had a lot of fun, and gave my guide a good tip.
Meat care nearby if desired. They did a bone out only – very clean and good job.
Some adjustment in the planning and approach for this particular hunt is promised. We pushed back dates to make sure the game arrived and we had the best hunt opportunity. If this is possible; it’s a great option to have.
- My consultant was Mat Cervantes.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was very good. OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL provides very good follow up and is interested in getting a good product and experience for the hunt.
- My guide was great.
- Physically, the trip was moderate
- The food was fair. They just need to bring in some groceries. Meals were prepared on time and hot.
- The accommodations were good.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.