A British Columbia mountain goat hunt, especially this region gives you a very realistic chance to take a record book billy. That said, we are NOT selling this as a hunt for a record mountain goat, but you can expect mature, good representatives and an unforgettable mountain hunting experience. Arguably the best thing about these regions of BC is there is little to no hunting pressure from locals. because it’s super remote and difficult to access. This creates a secluded area which provides an exclusive hunting area.
In this region of BC, mountain goats have huge bodies, with most mature billies weighing over 300 pounds. The average billie measures over 9 1/4 inches. These goats live in mountains that receive cold weather and snowfall as early as July and August, so BC is known for its long-haired billies.
WE ONLY WORK WITH GREAT OUTFITTERS
The British Columbia Mountain goat hunt outfitters that we work with have been thoroughly vetted and have a reputation for taking giant billies every year.
The average trophy on this British Columbia mountain goat hunt measures 9 1/4 to 9 3/4 inches, and for context a ten inch billy is an absolute monster. Many of the billies in this area will live out their lives without ever seeing a human because this outfitter never harvests more than five goats per season.
- Mountain goat populations in this region of British Columbia get very little hunting pressure, which presents you with a great opportunity for mature animals.
- These BC goats have huge bodies with most mature billies weighing in at over 300 pounds.
- British Columbia mountain goats are known for their long hair, even on early hunts.
- Hunts are done either by horseback or backpack.
- If you want to make your goat hunt a combo, they can be added onto early August sheep hunts, but we don’t target them as a primary animal until Late August/ Early September.
- These are either 7 or 10 day hunts and the outfitter can make it as hard or easy as you like.
- This hunt has had 100% opportunity on hunts including archery, since the outfitter purchased the area in 2017.
Our primary outfitter for our Northern BC moose hunts offers two primary options: horseback hunts and traditional backpack hunts. Each option provides a unique experience.
British Columbia is one of the few places where you can do a horseback mountain goat hunt.
- A goat can be added onto early August sheep hunts, or as a horseback moose combo.
- Our outfitters don’t target them as a primary animal until late August/early September.
- Mountain Goat populations are lightly hunted to ensure a great opportunity for mature animals.
- These horseback hunts can be physically demanding, but they have a high success rate on trophy billies.
A British Columbia mountain goat hunt, or a goat hunt anywhere for that matter involves a lot of glassing and hiking.
- You and your guide will hike into the hunting territory and set up a lightweight tent camp.
- From camp, you’ll spend a lot of time glassing the surrounding ranges until you find a trophy billy in a stalkable position.
- Sometimes moving to a new location is required.
- If you tag out early, which is entirely possible, you can continue hunting for a black bear or a wolf.
Book Your British Columbia Mountain Goat Hunt Adventure
Ready to embark on the mountain hunting adventure of a lifetime? Secure your spot now and experience the wilderness, the challenge, and the beauty of British Columbia. Spots are limited on these spectacular mountain goat hunts, so don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity. There are only five spots available per season, so contact us quickly if you’d like to discuss booking this British Columbia mountain goat hunt.
#OI-BBCB1 | #OI-CMO1 | #OI-SPTZRO2 | #OI-LWO3
Here at Outdoors International, we pride ourselves on having a team of highly experienced and knowledgeable consultants. They are passionate about ensuring your hunting experience surpasses all expectations. We understand the importance of meticulous planning and seamless logistics for a successful hunt.
Book your goat hunt with us today and get ready to experience the untamed beauty of British Columbia. The Outdoors International team is here to make your adventure safe, memorable, and absolutely exhilarating.