Hunt Alaska Moose
Hunt Alaska moose with our outfitters who average an 80% to 90% success rate yearly on trophy bulls.
Many of the best areas are on draws, and in our opinion this is one of the best ways to hunt AK bulls if you are patient enough to wait till you draw. This doesn’t mean though, that there aren’t good hunts in OTC units, because there are. They key is to hire a great outfitter, who will get you into remote country that holds high numbers of quality bulls, and has little resident hunting pressure.
Why you should consider moose hunting in Alaska:
- Lots of good units with OTC tags. However, you can slightly increase your odds by drawing a tag in a controlled unit.
- Alaska is all about remoteness. You will fly into the backcountry with little hunting pressure.
- Alaska-Yukon bulls that measure 60 inches, with some of the larger bulls pushing up to, and over a whopping 70 inches!
- Combo hunts are the norm.
- High success rates.
Outfitters: AIGS3, RAA3, SRL1, SRL2
Trophy Alaska Moose Hunts
What makes this moose hunt unique is the fact that you will be hunting pre-scouted bulls.
The outfitter has a fleet of planes in the air year-round scouting for game. During the Dall sheep season, he flies over this prime, trophy moose area almost daily, so by the time moose hunting season rolls around he knows where the trophy bulls live. This gives our clients a distinct advantage for good success when they show up. He’s been in the business of guided moose hunts in Alaska for decades, and averages an 80% to 90% success rate yearly on trophy bulls up to, and some exceeding 60″.
Alaska trophy moose hunts can be a combo’d with grizzly bear, caribou, black bear and wolves depending on the area you will be hunting. These species can be added to make it a combo hunt for additional trophy fees. We highly recommend having the extra tags in your pocket. Doing it this way is WAY more affordable than booking individual hunts for each species.
Alaska Moose Combo Hunts
If you’re already spending the money on a moose hunt, you should really consider making it a combo hunt.
You heard us right! If you want to go to Alaska to hunt it right the first time this outfitter offers a combo hunt for Alaskan moose, caribou, grizzly, and black bear! You can get it all right here on this Alaska Safari hunt! This is a true hunt of a lifetime! This outfitter is exceptional in all phases of the hunt. They really know how to take care of their clients!
Most of these animals are at the top of most hunters lists, so why not get it all done in one place, with one outfitter, in one trip?
- This hunt isn’t extremely difficult but the better shape you’re in the more fun and more success you should have.
- Season is from September to October.
- You will be hunting for a period of 14 days.
- This hunt is guided 1:1
- Your method of hunting is spot and stalk, all animals are fair chase.
- You will be staying in spike camps after the initial arrival. However you will arrive at the lodge which is tucked away in beautiful remote Alaska.
- Your food will also be taken care of on your trip. The outfitter gives a fair latitude to his hunters in regards to food so don’t let that be a concern for your dream Alaskan Safari hunt.
- Get pricing and available dates.
A true North American Safari! Moose, caribou, grizzly bear, black bear and a wolf all in one exceptional combo hunt.
If you want a big caribou and possibly one that turns out B&C? This outfitter can do that too! With several bulls a year that meet B&C this is you shot at a true monster! Their success rate for caribou is amazing, at close to 100%!
With the number one all time safari club international Grizzly under their belt this outfitter has proved that this hunt will be well worth the effort. They continually take bears that make the SCI and B&C record books! As part of the Alaska moose combo hunt this just adds to the sheer amazing quality this outfitter has to offer!
With a grizzly under your belt you may as well add a gorgeous Alaskan black bear to the list! You will be harvesting a quality bear in excess of 6′! With a combined total of four of Alaska’s most beautiful animals, this Alaskan Safari Hunt should be at the top of all hunters lists.
Whenever you are hunting in Alaska, have a wolf tag in your pocket. Trust us! Nothing is more frustrating to get an opportunity at a hard-to-hunt species like a wolf and not be able to do anything about it. Wolf tags are cheap…buy one!
If an Alaska moose combo hunt trips your trigger, be sure to let us know so we can get you in the books.
Alaska Archery Moose Hunt
If you’re a bowhunter, you want hunt Alaska moose with an outfitter who is a bowhunter.
Most outfitters say they are bowhunter-friendly, but this one truly loves bowhunting. He has successfully guided bow hunters to trophy animals all across Alaska. From moose hunting, to mountain goat, to brown bear, you can’t go wrong booking this one if you want to hunt Alaska moose with your bow.
Alaska’s Hunting Unit 19 has great trophy moose quality!
Unit 19 has the potential for some amazing bulls with excellent genetics. For years the Alaska Fish and Game Department regulations in this unit have been either a 50-inch, or 3 brow-tine minimum. Because of this, there is a real opportunity for taking a 60-inch bull, or even larger on this hunt! This outfitter is dedicated to providing a great experience and helping you harvest the trophy you have been looking for. You will be tent camping near the hunting area, and you will have traditional camp food for your meals.
This hunt can be with any weapon, but the outfitter is also archery friendly, so if you are a bowhunter, this one’s for you!
- Ten day hunts
- September hunt, with some combo hunts stretching into early October.
- 80% to 90% success rate year to year.
- The opportunities are high for moose in the 60″ range. The moose in this area have the genetics for world class trophies.
- Add a black bear for a trophy fee, and make it a combo hunt.
- Get pricing and available dates.
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.