You owe it to yourself to hunt Alaska moose with an OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL outfitter. Our hunters average an 80% to 90% success rate yearly on trophy bulls.
Moose Hunting in Alaska
Our hunters have high success rates on trophy bulls year after year.
- Lots of good units with over-the-counter tags. However, you can slightly increase your odds by drawing a tag in a controlled unit.
- Alaska is all about remoteness. You will fly into the backcountry with little hunting pressure.
- Alaska-Yukon bulls that measure 60 inches, with some of the larger bulls pushing up to, and over a whopping 70 inches!
- Combo hunts are the norm, which can save you money on your Alaska hunts.
Many of the best areas are on draws, and in our opinion this is one of the best ways to hunt Alaska bulls if you are patient enough to wait till you draw. This doesn’t mean though, that there aren’t good hunts in OTC units, because there are. The key is to hire a great outfitter, who will get you into remote country that holds high numbers of quality bulls, and has little resident hunting pressure.
Fully Guided, Trophy Alaska Moose Hunts
What makes our guided moose hunts unique is the fact that you will be hunting pre-scouted bulls.
Our outfitters have fleets of planes in the air year-round scouting for game. During the Dall sheep hunting season, they flies over the prime, trophy moose area almost daily. By the time moose hunting season rolls around they know where the trophy bulls live. This gives OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL clients a distinct advantage for good success when they show up.
Our outfitters have been guiding moose hunts in Alaska for decades.
- A guided moose hunt actually isn’t extremely difficult physically, but the better shape you’re in the more fun and more success you should have.
- These are September hunts, with some combo hunts stretching into early October.
- Most hunts are guided 1:1 unless prior expectations are set by the hunter.
- Your method of hunting is spot and stalk, all animals are fair chase.
- Our hunters have 80% to 90% success rate year to year.
- The average bull is over 60 inches!
- Typically you will be staying in spike camps after the initial arrival. However you will often arrive at the lodge and fly out from there.
- Space is always limited, so be sure to contact us quickly if you’re ready to hunt Alaska moose.
Consider making your moose hunt a combo.
Doing it this way is WAY more affordable than booking individual hunts for each species. These species are at the top of most hunters lists anyway, so why not get it all done in one place, with one outfitter, in one trip?
Alaska trophy moose hunts can be a combo’d with grizzly bear, caribou, black bear and wolves depending on the area you will be hunting. These species can be added to make it a combo hunt for additional trophy fees. We highly recommend having the extra tags in your pocket.
If you want a big caribou and possibly one that turns out B&C? This outfitter can do that too! With several bulls a year that meet B&C this is you shot at a true monster! Their success rate for caribou is amazing, at close to 100%!
With the number one all time safari club international Grizzly under their belt this outfitter has proved that this hunt will be well worth the effort. They continually take bears that make the SCI and B&C record books! As part of the Alaska moose combo hunt this just adds to the sheer amazing quality this outfitter has to offer!
With a grizzly under your belt you may as well add a gorgeous Alaskan black bear to the list! You will be harvesting a quality bear in excess of 6′! With a combined total of four of Alaska’s most beautiful animals, this Alaskan Safari Hunt should be at the top of all hunters lists.
In some areas it’s possible to hunt mountain goats and moose on the same trip.
Whenever you are hunting in Alaska, have a wolf tag in your pocket. Trust us! Nothing is more frustrating to get an opportunity at a hard-to-hunt species like a wolf and not be able to do anything about it. Wolf tags are cheap…buy one! If an Alaska moose combo hunt trips your trigger, be sure to let us know so we can get you in the books.
Archery Moose Hunts in Alaska
If you’re a bowhunter, you want hunt with an outfitter who’s also a bowhunter.
Most outfitters say they are bowhunter-friendly, but this one truly loves bowhunting. He has successfully guided bow hunters to trophy animals all across Alaska. From moose hunting, to mountain goat, to brown bear, you can’t go wrong booking this one if you want to hunt Alaska moose with your bow.
- This hunt can be with any weapon, but the outfitter is also archery friendly, so if you are a bowhunter, this one’s for you!
- These are ten day hunts, so you should have time to get it done.
- September hunt, with some combo hunts stretching into early October.
- 80% to 90% success rate year to year.
- The opportunities are high for moose in the 60″ range. The moose in this area have the genetics for world class trophies.
- Add a black bear for a trophy fee, and make it a combo hunt.
- Get pricing and available dates.
Alaska’s Hunting Unit 19 has great trophy moose quality!
Unit 19 has the potential for some amazing bulls with excellent genetics. For years the Alaska Fish and Game Department regulations in this unit have been either a 50-inch, or 3 brow-tine minimum. Because of this, there is a real opportunity for taking a 60-inch bull, or even larger on this hunt! This outfitter is dedicated to providing a great experience and helping you harvest the trophy you have been looking for. You will be tent camping near the hunting area, and you will have traditional camp food for your meals.