Alaska Pre-Scouted Trophy Moose
This Alaska outfitter offers pre-scouted trophy Alaska moose hunting.
He has planes in the air year-round scouting for game. During the sheep season, he flies over this prime, trophy Alaska moose area almost daily, so by the time moose season rolls around he knows where the trophy bulls live. This gives our clients a distinct advantage for good success when they show up. He’s been in the business of guided moose hunts in Alaska for decades, and averages an 80% to 90% success rate yearly on trophy bulls up to, and some exceeding 60″.
- Moose hunting can be a combo hunt with grizzly bear, caribou and/or black bear. These species can be added to your moose hunt for additional trophy fees. We highly recommend having the extra tags in your pocket.
- All trips are limited to one hunter with one guide per camp, unless the client requests otherwise, or the hunt is booked as a 2×1. After you tag your bull and take field photos, your moose is caped, quartered and butchered for packing to spot suitable for aircraft pick-up.
- Moose hunting in Alaska usually takes place during September, with some combo hunts stretching into early October.
- You will rise early and typically glass from camp, eat a hot breakfast, and then hike to a high spot to glass all day or until you find a good bull. It will be stalking and calling from there. Hunters will also be doing a great deal of calling with their guide.
- They’ve seen laws change, predator populations fluctuate, extreme weather, etc., but they always maintain a 80% to 90% success rate with an average antler spread of SIXTY inches.
- Weather in Alaska is unpredictable. Be prepared and pack accordingly. You shouldn’t see any snow, but expect some rain & wind. Bugs are not usually an issue, but dope & headnets are provided when needed.
- Your Alaskan hunting license and moose tags are over-the-counter.
- Although this hunt is not physically difficult, hunters should be comfortable with hiking two to five miles a day in hilly country with elevations between 500′ and 2,000′