Hunter: Mike Mannen
Date: August 13-20, 2022
Trip Taken: Archery Antelope Hunt in Montana
Consultant: Kyle Hanson, Outdoors International
The outfitter picked me up at the Hotel in Rapid City, South Dakota. They got me settled in, I shot my bow and ate dinner.
This is a Waterhole Hunt
My Montana hunting guide showed up early Sunday morning. They had my lunch, snacks, waters and coffee ready and packed for the day. We drove to the blind on a water hole the antelope were using. There was very poor cell service, so we had an orange flat to place on top the tent if we wanted out. They would glass from an elevated location from a distance to check on us throughout the day. It was kind of a mind game sitting from dawn to dark each day especially with out cell service.
Antelope Came in for Water Every Day
On the second to last day of my Montana antelope hunt, I had a shooter come in and I got a shot. It was a little back, so we waited several hours. We found him dead about 100 yards from the blind. We got my buck gutted, and the guides hung it over night to cool. In the morning we took it to the processor.
They took me to the airport the next day for my flight home. Good people and well organized pronghorn antelope hunt.
- How would you rate your trip overall? Great hunt! Good folks.
- How was your guide? Great.
- How was your lodging? Great.
- How was the food? Great.
- How was your outfitters communication? Great.
- How physically demanding was your trip? Easy.
- How would you rate your Outdoors International Consultant? Great.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.