Al Sheridan, Washington Moose Hunt Report
October and November, 2017
I highly recommend Russ and Outdoors International. Thank you for helping me find a great outfitter for this once in a lifetime, successful Washington state Shiras moose hunt.
We saw about 16 moose, Oct. 1st thru 6th, nothing we could get a shot at. The moose hunting was tough, it seemed spooked because of deer hunting pressure. I went back around October 25th for four days with my neighbor and hunted daylight to dark. We did not see a moose, but lots of deer.
I called Josh and returned to hunt Nov. 15th. We saw a calf on the 15th and then on the 16th of Nov. at 07:30 a huge Bull moose crossed the road in front of us! There was an inch of fresh snow and the bull ran! into a clear cut! We got out to shoot, but the moose had traveled to where we could not get a good shot! Josh knew there was another road at the bottom of the clear cut! Josh backed the truck a hundred yards in the snow to place to turn around! We arrived on lower road and were looking right to find the moose in the clearcut. The moose had already crossed the road and Josh saw it 60 yards on the left, in another clearcut, standing there looking at us!
We got out and shot this trophy Bull Shiras Moose. We could tell it was hit and it traveled maybe a hundred yards and I was going to shoot again, but it laid down and died! Luck would have it, it was 40 yards from another logging road and down hill in the snow, four trips with the sled Josh had! Shot the moose at 07:30 and was headed out at 10:30! Being 63 years old, Josh and my son Alex said, for me to take pictures and they would get the moose in the truck! What service! I highly recommend Josh for guiding hunts! And you Russ Meyer for your help getting me a Great Guide! What was really great my son Alex could come with me on this once in a lifetime, successful Washington state Shiras moose hunt!
- How likely will you be to refer friends to Outdoors International about this hunt? Very likely
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication ? Excellent
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Excellent
- How would you rate the lodging? Excellent
- How would you rate the food? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your guide? Excellent
- How was the Field Dressing and Trophy Preparation? Excellent
- Were you successful or unsuccessful? Successful
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Easy
- Is there anything that the outfitter should do differently in your opinion? No, Josh is a great guide, and I hope that my son will draw a tag soon. Josh even fixed the windshield wiper on my truck, by replacing motor and arms under hood! Great Help! I enjoyed staying at Comfort Inn in Colville! Also, Josh drove quarters of meat directly to butcher shop! He will also do the tanning on the cape and I will have shoulder mount of my moose done here in Ridgefield!
- How likely would you be to refer Outdoors International booking services to your friends and family? Very Likely
- How were your conversations with your agent? Excellent
- How was your agent’s pre-hunt correspondence? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your agent? Excellent