HUNTER: Al Sheridan
HUNT: Washington State Shiras Moose Hunt
CONSULTANT: Russ Meyer | Outdoors International
This was a once in a lifetime hunt for Kettle Range Shiras Moose
I highly recommend Russ and OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL. Thank you for helping me find a great outfitter for this once in a lifetime, successful Washington state Shiras moose hunt.
We saw about 16 moose, Oct. 1st thru 6th, nothing we could get a shot at. The moose hunting was tough, it seemed spooked because of deer hunting pressure. I went back around October 25th for four days with my neighbor and hunted daylight to dark. We did not see a moose, but lots of deer.
I called Josh and returned to hunt Nov. 15th.
We saw a calf on the 15th and then on the 16th of Nov. at 07:30 a huge bull moose crossed the road in front of us! There was an inch of fresh snow and the bull ran! into a clear cut! We got out to shoot, but the moose had traveled to where we could not get a good shot! Josh knew there was another road at the bottom of the clear cut! Josh backed the truck a hundred yards in the snow to place to turn around! We arrived on lower road and were looking right to find the moose in the clearcut. The moose had already crossed the road and Josh saw it 60 yards on the left, in another clearcut, standing there looking at us!
We got out and shot this trophy Bull Shiras Moose.
We could tell it was hit and it traveled maybe a hundred yards and I was going to shoot again, but it laid down and died! Luck would have it, it was 40 yards from another logging road and down hill in the snow, four trips with the sled Josh had! Even though they are the smallest moose subspecies, Shiras bulls are still gigantic.
Shot the moose at 07:30 and was headed out at 10:30!
Being 63 years old, Josh and my son Alex said, for me to take pictures and they would get the moose in the truck! What service! I highly recommend Josh for guiding hunts! And you Russ Meyer for your help with where to apply for a great tag, and then helping me book with a fantastic Guide! What was really great my son Alex could come with me on this once in a lifetime, successful Washington state Shiras moose hunt!
- How likely will you be to refer friends to OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL about this hunt? Very likely
- How was the outfitters pre-hunt communication ? Excellent
- How would you rate the overall trophy quality? Excellent
- How would you rate the lodging? Excellent
- How would you rate the food? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your guide? Excellent
- How was the Field Dressing and Trophy Preparation? Excellent
- Were you successful or unsuccessful? Successful
- How physically difficult was the hunt? Easy
- Is there anything that the outfitter should do differently in your opinion? No, Josh is a great guide, and I hope that my son will draw a tag soon. Josh even fixed the windshield wiper on my truck, by replacing motor and arms under hood! Great Help! I enjoyed staying at Comfort Inn in Colville! Also, Josh drove quarters of meat directly to butcher shop! He will also do the tanning on the cape and I will have shoulder mount of my moose done here in Ridgefield!
- How likely would you be to refer OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL booking services to your friends and family? Very Likely
- How were your conversations with your agent? Excellent
- How was your agent’s pre-hunt correspondence? Excellent
- How savvy/knowledgeable was your agent? Excellent
Discover why thousands of people have trusted Outdoors International to help plan their hunt.
Outdoors International has a team of hand-selected hunting experts to help you book your next hunt. Our job it is to help you in researching, booking and planning a great hunting trip with one of our amazing outfitter partners around the world.
My hunt was absolutely top notch.
The outfitter is a fantastic man and incredibly hard working and knowledgeable, there is no doubt he will do everything within his power to make peoples hunts successful and enjoyable. I plan to do it again with him next year for sure.
Our hunt was excellent.
We saw bucks every day along with all other sorts of wildlife. Mountain goats, bears, and foxes were common sights. Fishing and crabbing was special bonus. The food was excellent, the crew was amazing. Outdoors International did a great job of finding exactly what we were looking for.
What an amazing experience!
The hunting lodge was out of this world!, Rooms, food and the scenery were all A+. Our guide was exceptional and had us on Shiras moose all five days. We saw over 30 total with at least 10 bulls. They had a plan for everything including taxidermy and game processing.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Apply to Win a Trip in the OI Draw
Browse the active draws above.
Apply for any trip(s) that interest you as many times as you want to increase your odds.
For every $100 spent, you'll receive a free entry for our Yearly Grand Prize.
OI DRAW WINNERS
I am so grateful for the opportunity
"Thank you to Outdoors International, all the PHs and their awesome staff. I made some new friends and will be back to Africa to see them again 100%."
-Brye Mangum | 2023 Winner
Thank you Outdoors International
"Very excited for the trip! I’ll be bringing my dad along with me. If you haven’t put in for the OI draws you should these guys are legit!"
-Tyler Kirk | 2018 Winner
It was the trip of a lifetime!
"I won an OI Draw and it turned out to be one of my most memorable and rewarding hunts. I always dreamed about Africa, but never thought it'd be a reality for me."
-Dason Lasater | 2018 Winner