Hunter: Clark Small
Date: May 17th-23rd, 2019
Trip Taken: British Columbia Black Bear Hunt
Consultant: Russ Meyer | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
From the very first communication with over the phone and email with the outfitter, I was completely dissatisfied with his demands on payment and lack of communication.
The camp/lodging was nice but that was it for the trip. The food was terrible, we would eat dinner after midnight, food was scarce for the lunches. The initial meeting with the first night was very confusing and all the hunters were not aware of the rules regarding the trophy fee. Had to have another meeting the next day for clarification. tried to bully and talk over all of his clients and would not even listen to our concerns. He actually got in a shouting match with one of the hunters over the ability to transport game.
He continually talked behind Russ’s (our host from Outdoors International) back to the other hunters, and placed blame on him for all of the shortcomings of the hunt. We were so dissatisfied that we ended up leaving two days early. informed us the night before that he was leaving camp along with the cook and one of his guides to attend his daughter’s graduation and basically left us hanging. Picking up the meat was also a hassle since none of the game bags were labeled with the hunters names.
Overall the seven other hunters in camp were great, and I had no problem with them. was a huge disappointment and actually made the camp stressful with his terrible attitude towards his clients.
- Overall, my trip was terrible.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was terrible.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food was terrible.
- The accommodations were not an issue.
- My Outdoors International Hunting Consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was great.
- Would you book another trip with Outdoors International in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.