Clark Small, BC Black Bear Hunt Report
May 17th-23rd, 2019
From the very first communication with [the outfitter] over the phone and email, I was completely dissatisfied with his demands on payment and lack of communication. The camp/lodging was nice but that was it for the trip. The food was terrible, we would eat dinner after midnight, food was scarce for the lunches. The initial meeting with [the outfitter] the first night was very confusing and all the hunters were not aware of the rules regarding the trophy fee. Had to have another meeting the next day for clarification. [The outfitter] tried to bully and talk over all of his clients and would not even listen to our concerns. He actually got in a shouting match with one of the hunters over the ability to transport game. He continually talked behind Russ’s (our host) back to the other hunters, and placed blame on him for all of the shortcomings of the outfitter. We were so dissatisfied that we ended up leaving two days early. [The outfitter] informed us the night before that he was leaving camp along with the cook and one of his guides to attend his daughter’s graduation and basically left us hanging. Picking up the meat was also a hassle since none of the game bags were labeled with the hunters names.
Overall the seven other hunters in camp were great, and I had no problem with them. [The outfitter] was a huge disappointment and actually made the camp stressful with his terrible attitude towards his clients.
- Overall, my trip was terrible.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was terrible.
- My guide was good.
- Physically, the trip was easy.
- The food was terrible.
- The accommodations were not an issue.
My consultant was Russ Meyer.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes
Call to Book Your Adventure
We’ll help you choose the best trip for your budget and goals.