We arrived with good weather, and the outfitter did great with four groups of hunters in a rush to get out into the field a day early with good flying weather. Everybody’s heard the horror stories of the weather in Alaska stranding hunters out in the field. Luckily we didn’t have to deal with that. Pilot and flight into field was good and pilot returning us was exceptional and very personable. The inReach in-field communication with the outfitter was less than acceptable. Just getting a response from outfitter in field letting us know they received our communication would be huge, even if it’s just a simple “copy”, anything is better than nothing at all.
- Overall, our moose hunt was a great experience.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the hunt was terrible.
- Physically, the trip was difficult.
- The food was fair.
- The accommodations were fair. A slight improvement in comfort and a facility to use would be nice at the hanger for lengthy waiting periods.
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes.
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes.
- Can we use this in social media? Yes.