Trip Taken: Strobel Lake Fly Fishing Lodge
Fishing Consultant: Patrick Kissel | Outdoors International
December 14 – 21
Seven days filled with amazing scenery, incredible fishing, good food and wonderful company. Fishing on Strobel Lake is not for the faint of heart, but catching MANY rainbow trout between 8 and 12 pounds is the adventure of a lifetime.
The largest trout I landed was 16 pounds, but the anticipation in knowing these monsters were close by just added to the experience.
My last day was one of dreams, fishing a fast moving, clear river, climbing boulders and between crevices to make the right cast – being rewarded with several trout around 10 pounds – all providing fun and thrills. The guides were friendly and provided excellent advice, instructions and encouragement on those limited times when the fish gods were not with me.
I would highly recommend this fishing trip in Argentina.
While the trip was physically challenging for me, it was absolutely incredible. I just turned 70, so if I can do it, you can too!
- My consultant’s communication before, during and after the trip was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for more. Excellent!
- My consultant was very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to talk to.
- Overall, my trip to Argentina was amazing, I couldn’t have asked for more.
- My outfitter’s communication before, during and after the trip was good.
- My fishing guide was amazing.
- Physically, the trip was extreme.
- The food was good.
- The accommodations were good.
- Would you book another trip with us in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes